Rugby World Cup 2023/ Crochet & Knitting chit chat

You’ll not have to worry about that for a while.

1 Like

If Ireland had got through Argentina would be leading us 16-6 right now.

7 Likes

Ireland are touring South Africa next summer

Farce of a tournament.

4 Likes

Signing out. See ye tomorrow.

They wouldn’t. Ireland would have blown them away. This is a very moderate Argentina side. Their pre-tournament world ranking of 8th is about right.

New Zealand have a great line out.

1 Like

Argentina don’t remotely fear Ireland, Wales or Scotland, and weirdly, France, but once you put them up against one of the Southern Hemisphere big guns or England they always turn to dust.

1 Like

Only England can rescue it now

All we learned tonight is that Telea is going to get absolutely bombarded in the final

Ireland would have beaten this crowd with their caps.

2 Likes

I was at what was then the first test match between Ireland v Argentina at Lansdowne Road in 1990. The great Hugo Porta had come out of retirement pushing 40. Ireland won with a drop goal from Michael Kiernan about 8 minutes into injury time. Frank O’Driscoll subsequently picked up 2 caps when the two non-test matches from 1970 were retrospectively awarded test status.

Argentina had a good run of it against Ireland starting and ending between their World Cup wins of 1999-2007.

Very difficult for NZ (3 times winners) after beating perennial chokers (zero times 1/4 finals winners) alright

New Zealand have been miles off their standards of last week.

8th of 8?

Jordie Barrett is absolutely huge

And who gives a flying fuck

3 Likes

I can’t wait anyway.

Jacqui Hurley is excellent

Sexton didn’t play but I think it was about 75% full strength Ireland that day. The mad thing was that we beat them by about 25-30 points with a completely second string 2 years before the tournament.