Rugby World Cup 2023/ Crochet & Knitting chit chat

I think maybe in a few years lads might realise Ireland probably over achieved in this period from 19-23.

Irish rugby journalists are livid with the one sided semi final.

3 Likes

Will Jordan is a sexy player

2 Likes

They didnā€™t achieve the one thing they had to achieve.

2 Likes

Who do you reckon are the players not up to it, the fellas who have been overachieving?

What was that?

Porter anyway for me. Henderson, lowe, gibson park.

If we can get to even 40/60 vs. the All Blacks in next 20 years of games that would be good for us.

We have a lot of promise but overachieved vs. them post 2019.

None of the second rows are in the same stratosphere as Paul Oā€™ Connell. Ringrose is very good but BOD was better. Sexton was 38 and not quite the player heā€™d been 10 years previously. Is James Lowe better than Denis Hickie? Bundee better than prime Gordon Darcy? Not in my opinion. A veteran Peter Oā€™ Mahoney no comparison to 2015 Sean Oā€™ Brien*.

*Until he battered Pape.

1 Like

Overachieved against NZ in friendlies, surely?

Well sexton is 38 and no where near the player he was once upon a time.

I donā€™t really rate Gibson park or Lowe either.

Iā€™d say individually our back row is fine but as unit they donā€™t really work. Doris has disappeared in a few games too and heā€™s the only carrying threat.

Furlong is also a pale shadow of his former self. He looks absolutely fucked.

I just think post 2019 Farrell kind of pulled a team together and they went on a great run.

I donā€™t buy that at all.

James lowe and Gibson park are very average
Players.

Watch back the final five minutes of the Heineken cup final this year. He cost Leinster after losing the head.

Iā€™d say this World Cup is the first one since 95 that one of the Irish provinces hadnā€™t won one of the previous four European cups.

Ireland are a fine team but individually they lack real star players you probably need to win a World Cup.

Gibson park and sexton is probably the weakest half backs weā€™ve had in the pro era.

1 Like

Ringrose and Keenan are absolutely world class. Bundee is probably the best at what he does too.

1 Like

Bundee is 33 isnā€™t he? I never ever rated him as a top class player. He had a fine World Cup to be fair him.

Agree Ringrose and Keenan are quality players.

Look at Jordan and Kolbe for New Zealand and South Africa.

We donā€™t have that sort of threat out wide.

Hansen is electric and a massive threat. He can make a man miss. He wasnā€™t at full capacity and caused the all backs problems

4 Likes

Test matches young man, another lesson for you

Irelandā€™s best centre pairing is Henshaw and Ringrose but neither have been fit for long enough.

We have been fortunate with good centre stocks.

1 Like

Just read that Ronan Oā€™Gara column on another rubby thread & I got giddy when, like me, he said Kelleher could be accused of giddiness in breaking off that maul.

9 Likes