Russia Vs Ukraine (Part 1)

Are lads surprised that a former Soviet bloc country is mired in corruption?

3 Likes

My my. A week ago it was a sacrilegious outrage to contemplate such utterances. You’d simpletons moralising about excusing putins actions, conspiracy theories, 4chan and the like.
Still, it’s good to see the slow learners attempting a grown up conversation. They’ll move forward slowly and cautiously, making sure no-one breaks ranks lest they turn on him.

1 Like

That doesn’t contradict anything I said. Especially in terms of my reply to Julio. Thanks.

The Putin apologists circling their defunct Tanks

2 Likes

I don’t see the connection between Ukrainian corruption and the Russian invasion however. Is it not a bit of a red herring? Why isn’t Russian corruption being mentioned?

It’s all a bit “Look over there, Ukraine is corrupt”

4 Likes

I don’t think there’s a link at all. But surely one can point out Ukrainian corruption in terms of EU membership without being labelled in favour of the invasion or Putin. Speaking negatively of Ukraine doesn’t mean a person is bereft of compassion or empathy for the current plight of the country.

I think any normal person who has had the misfortune to see any of your posts on this thread would come to exactly that conclusion about you.

Where would you even start with this? No-one claimed corruption was putins sole reason for invading Ukraine. That said its been permissible here to suggest putin wouldn’t have invaded if Ukraine had been a member of the eu. A significant barrier to their membership is corruption. What would be the point of granting membership only to see their population declining, financial support finding its way into the pockets of oligarchs, private militias, puppet local politicians, corrupt american politicians and their sons etc.
Do you think Ukrainian foreign or defence policy has been motivated by whats in the best interests of Ukrainians or what’s been in the best interests of the cohort mentioned above? Do you think the 2014 ‘change in leadership’ could have happened without corruption, US trained and funded nazi batallions and the promise of profitable outcomes for Kolomoisky and co.
Even if putin couldn’t have cared less about the pre 2022 brutality meted out onto the ethnic russian population of Ukraine by state forces, do you think further invasions, peace negotiations, foreign aid, future eu membership etc will be hindered or helped by the current behaviour of the Ukrainian army?

1 Like

The Ukranian army should have rolled over and allowed Putin have his victory parade.

4 Likes

Are you suggesting you’re normal? … I’ve repeatedly spoke out against the current invasion. It’s you, and others, who can’t separate issues or your emotions on the topic. Sadly, it has lead to a lot of assumptions, false conclusions and made up claims. It’s almost like you can’t handle someone not singing from the doctrine according to cheasty.

1 Like

To humour your ‘look over there’ schtick for a bit, if the Ukrainian government is as corrupt and/or fascist as you claim then why are the locals fighting like dogs to defend it? Predicting your response to be along the lines of you knowing more than the simpleton locals, is your preferred Ukrainian regime along the Belarusian democracy model or just a complete annexation. How do you propose to enlighten Ukraine? I’m not aware of any Ukranians on tfk.

1 Like

More trolling bullshit.

Unless you’re Greece, or the EU want you, in which case, if you don’t like those figures, others can be provided.

Heard someone on radio this morning saying, in relation to gas supply etc,
“America are playing poker, Russia are playing chess”

I will be using that line myself from now on, and will adapt as needed

Which is better?

Chuckle. Sure don’t i have a bevy of Ukrainian soldiers as my avatar? Ukraine has one of the largest and best equipped armies in Europe. I imagine they’re doing most of the fighting- and beyond the confines of popular imagination I’d timidly suggest they’re using the best of anti tank missiles provided by europe, the US etc…I’d also timidly suggest that a lot of these weapons managed to get past the Ukrainian border guards- unlike the many Ukrainians who were turned back and told to volunteer/fight like dogs etc. The narrative is beguiling, and im sure it’s partly true, so credit where it’s due. That said i take exception to this weak minded polite fiction that ethnic russians give a flying fuck about defending a Ukrainian government that has repeatedly attacked and discriminated against them. Whether putin cares remotely about their plight is another matter but it mightn’t do any harm to question the plausibility of the notion that the asov batallion etc has switched from being persecutors to protectors.

The Russian’s are laying waste to city’s majority ethnic Russian citizen populations with indiscriminate bombardments . I reckon a stronger more cohesive Ukraine is being forged by Russian orc-ish barbarism.

1 Like

H’on cancer

1 Like

I’m not sure, which probably makes using the phrase even better

1 Like