Russia Vs Ukraine (Part 1)

Russia has the largest natural gas reserves on the planet, and the gas and oil controlled by Gazprom accounts for around 40% of Russia’s annual budget.”

How does eco terrorist and arch Russian supporter @Little_Lord_Fauntleroy square that circle?

It appears a lot of Russian trade-able commodities are rising sharply in value.

I might as well put the heating on while I still can.

2 Likes

Take the knee as well and light some candles. Keyboard warriors needed.

Only peasants eat in McDonald’s now.

I might change my twitter avatar to the Ukraine flag

3 Likes

Four killed in hospital attack, says Ukraine

Ukraine’s military command has said four people were killed and 10 injured when a Russian shell hit a hospital in Vuhledar in the Donetsk region in eastern Ukraine. The injured were said to include six doctors.

Ukraine has said Russia has carried out 203 attacks since the start of the day with fighting going on across almost the entire territory, Reuters reports.

In a separate update from Ukraine’s foreign ministry, issued at 2pm local time, officials said one Russian K-52 helicopter and three helicopters near Gostomel were shot down in the Kyiv region near Mezhyhirya.

Fighting is going on in Luhansk region, near the town of Schastye and “the enemy continues to suffer losses” the statement said.

It added that “border guards together with the Armed Forces and the NMU hold the defence and repel attacks”.

In the Odesa region, 10 servicemen were said to have received shrapnel wounds during an attack.

This guy has probably the best handle of anybody on what’s going on.

https://twitter.com/RALee85?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^author

I see Mick is trying to row back somewhat now. He seems to be coming from the I hate America/NATO standpoint. Also voted against a financial backing to Ukraine, not sure why. Hard to reconcile that. Although his main thing is not to have conflict or war, but as seen now, talking to Putin isnt worth a shit.

Is it possible that Russia are banking on Ukraine folding and nobody helping them? A bluff of sorts? 150k soldiers surely wouldn’t get you too far and the Ukrainians don’t seem to be putting up much of a fight ?

I have seen people who would be much more in the know than me - ie. journalists living in Russia - saying that Putin assumed there would be mass desertions among Ukrainian forces.

But I don’t know how they know that.

1 Like

Yer man Matthew Chance from CNN is all over this.

Ukraine army dont seem too bothered by the whole thing

Oh bugger.

Let’s hope that’s not as bad as it seems

I haven’t watched the Chernobyl drama series so am not qualified as an expert on this subject. Perhaps somebody who has seen the series can provide some expertise.

It looked like a bad accident.

3.6 Roentgen…not great, not terrible

5 Likes