Russia Vs Ukraine (Part 2) - Neocons Strike Back

Loads of them speak Russian for practical purposes. All the Ukrainian translators we have at the airport speak it too. It was seen by many as more economically beneficial and more internationally important than speaking Ukrainian

1 Like

You might also want to consider the effects of banning the russian language, the russian orthodox church, elected politicians and russian leaning media. Running death and torture squads may well have spread doubt amongst civilians regarding their place in Ukrainian society. Probably best to also weigh up ‘man of the year’ zelensky telling ethnic russians to get out, “for the sake of their children”, the regular use of cluster bombs on civilians etc (all before 02/22 btw)
The fact is that for humanitarian reasons Ukraine would be far better out of eastern Ukraine. Ideally russia would be out of it also- which is the ticket zelensky was elected on and the position both himself and putin shared before the invasion… and the position they arrived at in april '22.

For context, where did you get that info?

Lots of countries are bilingual.

1 Like

Run the same stat for Irish speakers on this Island😬

I wonder would the fact that the Russians have destroyed their cities come into it at all, even if you spoke the same language

No, they’re all russian loyalists, always were, always will be, apart from when they were all self-declared republic loyalists.

Jeez boyz. @Julio_Geordio just floored everyone with what is known as a reeetoricle question.

Imagine posting the opinions of a paedophile in this thread

But how do they determine what language is spoken in schools for example?

I absolutely can’t answer that for every bilingual country. In Ireland we primarily speak out second official language in schools.

In fairness a fair smattering of UN weapons inspectors had skeletons in their closet. It’s why they were chosen and how they were kept in line

The Russians are coming.
The Russians are coming….

China is fucked, their population will half by 2100

4 Likes

I heard someone say recently “English is my slave language”

1 Like

Tommy Tiernan used have a great one about an Irish ethnic class and their desire not to be called by their slave name and how they should be addressed as their pavee name. Someone fire it up there.

2 Likes

*Sham name