Russia Vs Ukraine (Part 1)

It’s fascinating. Not to mention the lads who are anti taking in refugees.

1 Like

Whataboutery? In other words you think some victims should be ignored.
What do you want me to say about civilians murdered bu putin and his army? That they were murdered by putin and his army?
And sorry if you dont like it but youd have to be some mug to think your several nazi batallions dont have more interest in killing ethnic russians than the russians do. If you think they stopped doing so a few weeks ago I’ll graciously put it down to your naivety rather than some support for nazism. So to answer your patronising questions, yes a ceasefire would be in the obvious best interests of humanity. Eight years or two years is far too long, all sides should be deeply ashamed

No offence but a couple of days ago you were resorting to the ‘angry middle-aged white man’ cliché favoured by blue haired lesbian interpretative dance scholars

Do Some ReSEarch types

1 Like

Is there a podcast for that viewpoint?

4 Likes

Is it ‘you’ talking now or the banned gobshite? I guess the banned gobshite has not the wherewithal to come up with “dance scholars”.

But sure you are an angry white middle-aged man, one who thinks a nice bit of war would cleanse a few young people’s psyche. And sure what harm. Tis only a bit of internet venting. No one is getting killed or anything, eh?

The resort to the ‘woke’ and ‘blue-haired lesbians’ stuff is amusing. I saw that film, as it happens. But I would draw a line, personally, at putting myself on the same level as noxious childish creeps such as James Delingpole and Rod Liddle.

Now for the ‘Claire Byrne supports Ukrainian neo Nazis’ seque.

Funny how the ‘Ukrainian far right’ line is isomorphic with the ‘loads of people have to die from Covid because no one said anything about winter flu in 2012’ line.

1 Like

This was a tremendous post and i stand over every word of it…even if it did ditectly lead to war with Ukraine. It may only have picked up the one ‘like’, but it was from @balbec …so he endorses war as well, at least according to your logic
War is hell, but @Fagan_ODowd’s record collection is worse

It’s a fucking buzzword and precisely no more.

@glenshane

What point are you trying to make?

That Michael Tracey is a cunt

2 Likes

Ssshhh Tim’s thinking

I think glory to Ukraine is a message we can all get behind.

50 Ukrainians arrived into Buttevant at 2am the other night. At 6 hours notice the civil defence with support from locals got an old convent, unoccupied for 10 years, ready to welcome them. Shows the level of urgency here and lack of alternatives that this is what it’s got to. Was massive local response yday providing bedding, clothes etc.

I couldn’t help but think though the feeling these poor people would have had opening the curtains and looking out at buttevant

33 Likes

Wait until they look out & see the Cahirmee Horse Fair in July.

3 Likes

They’ll be fine if they were correctly selected from good farming stock.

1 Like

Could have been worse. It could have been Charleville.

8 Likes

I saw a good crowd around there yesterday in high vis vests when passing through. I thought it was very late for tidy towns. Explains it all. Fair play. There always seems to be a good community spirit in buttevant

2 Likes

The local vicar will have them converted by Sunday next

Dean mate. Where do you think we are, Yorkshire?