Russia Vs Ukraine (Part 1)

Source?

not yet

i would say we are last option in terms of what we can offer (boxroom)

I saw an interview with someone lately and they said they would only be starting to get around to people who offered next week or the week after. They are trying for large scale solutions first, like old convents, empty hotels etc

It’s based on 2% of the projected 10m refugees we would be obliged to take under EU agreements. Given there’s already 3-4m refugees it’s probably not an unrealistic number

We’ve a decent sized back room, about 7m x 5m, easy access to kitchen etc, happy enough to kit it out as appropriate.
Nerve wracking obviously but when you have it to spare :man_shrugging:
And we’re in the city

14 Likes

we have a boxroom with a kids bed, would be good for a kid but i doubt that they would want that, if it was a teenager I guess we could change it around

thats a great room tbh, hope it works out

1 Like

Ideally they’ll be looking for en-suite facilities to start with. Also separate cooking facilities would be a plus. All depends on availability I suppose.

2 Likes

We’re not so badly off there tbh
Not en-suite but the door on the left here is a toilet/shower room, currently our downstairs bathroom like

Anyway, I hope they don’t need to use us,

2 Likes

“To prevent nuclear war, we need to let Russia nuke us.”

Seems to be acceptance there that Ukraine is going wrong for them?

All a ploy to threaten Europe but in reality a sign of weakness?

This is all very well, but who are these people? This could be the equivalent of Tonight with Vincent Browne with four crackpots like Brian Lucey on as guests. All very interesting but ultimately irrelevant unless the guests are significant players in the government or the military.

3 Likes

They are crackpots. That’s the point.

And the other point is they do not get on Russia 1 to say this stuff unless the “points” they are making accord with the view of the Putin regime.

got a call back today about it. Said that we would most likely get a single retiree person who was originally rural themselves. That the shock of going from a city in Ukraine out to the sticks here would be a bit much, not being able to “go for a walk to the shop for cigarettes” was how he put it, never mind the whole fleeing a war thing. Said that they are prioritising urban areas first and it will filter back out to us culchies then. Had to send back another email with more detailed questions on it and it could be another 3 or 4 weeks before hearing anything further again.

There is a holiday village out this way that apparently is going to get taken up in its entirety. Its out on the hook peninsula so even further out than where we are, but at least there are a good few houses where they can house a large number of families in one area.

1 Like

Wait till they find out the price of cigarettes so

10 Likes

How much is 20 fags now? I think it was less than a tenner when I gave up.

15 something.

Can NATO or the UN not go in there and sort this whole mess out? Purely from a humanitarian point of view. The numbers are getting absolutely ridiculous now. Europe just can’t cope.

Somebody has to do something and fast.

I see Dr Ivanakov Nikinamov is operating 9ut of ukraine now