Sars/Newtown

About to start on TG4. Former Cork Minor and current Cork U-21 Jack Herlihy is out for Newtown, bit of a blow. Pat Barry in for Sars.

Newtown by 2 regardless.

Tipperary man captain of Newtown.

King…?

Wasn’t paying attention.

[quote=“Turenne”]King…?

Wasn’t paying attention.[/quote]

Dermot “chops” Gleeson, he’s playing with them a few years now.

Fantastic Camera work there during the anthem.

I remember him taking Carmody out of it in a munster minor final back in the day. Was a Flannans stalwart as well.

Jesus Pat Ryan is getting fatter by the day. How does he play this level? He’s well able for it.

Good pace to game, if a little scrappy.

[quote=“caoimhaoin”]Jesus Pat Ryan is getting fatter by the day. How does he play this level? He’s well able for it.

Good pace to game, if a little scrappy.[/quote]

Experience makes up for lack of pace. Sarsfields are a smashing team to watch.

A lot of aimless driving the ball up the feld stuff from both sides. Wouldn’t have expected that.

Pretty unremarkable stuff really. Needs a goal or a dirty strike.

Cussen giving Mulcahy a bit of a lesson.

How to be a long cunt?

Both teams play good hurling, if slightly different styles.

Yeah they do. I think more teams should take a leaf out of Newtown’s book. Their brand of hurling has transformed the game over the last ten years. Sarsfields a lot more traditional in their approach, nicer to watch as well.

Is Teddy Mac in charge of Sarsfields?

Bertie Og is, I’m sure Teddy is involved in some way. Probably trainer.

Some awful wides, Newtown looking good though.

I’d agree. Newtown look good. I’d say Sars will need a goal or two to win. Certainly not impossible though the way Cussen is playing.

Sars are traditional a very good 2nd half team. They tend to score goals either just before or just after half time. But knowing Newtown they’ll have this figured out and will shut up shop at the start of 2nd half.
Hopefully the 2nd half will be better.

They’ll take some stopping now.