Sars/Newtown

oh stop, Newtowns jersey is fair gammy, its Gaelic Gear, is it??

Into Sport or something like that, utter slop.

That was meant in the context of the game. Posted it after the first goal.

my bad

On that performance Newtown would beat Thurles. Its reproducing that is the thing.

newton look a nice neat team…i’d say they’ll find it hard on a heavy pitch when the winter comes though…sarsfields were muck…cusson was the only who played well…naughton fairly left the fat fragg in his wake when he went off on his solo run for that brilliant point…sars didn’t look too fit at all…

Firstly who playing hurling would catch Naughton? Shane McGrath maybe? Ritchie Hogan at a stretch? But not too many would have a hope.

Sars are a highly fit team, they just didn’t turn up and Newtown disrupted their normal game, it was a brilliant tactical game from Newtown.

Sars minus Pat Ryan (Who’s been found out now) have an average age of 21. The fact that they were county champions at all was an achievement. They had looked at next year as the year they’d like to win 2 years ago. They’ll be back.

Worrying about Newtown in the much is silly, they run in the muck all the time, deliberately to get fit and to be faster over the ground on a pitch. They won the All-Ireland with a very similar team, and with the way some pitches are these days anyway i don’t think that will make one iota of difference.

Ben O’ Connor was unbelieveable really thinking back, he destroyed them.

Great to see a Tipp man lifting the Cup in the Cork County Final.

Did Douglas win the intermediate?

They did. How they got over losing Ronan O’Hara I’ll never know.

Bit of a farce they ever went down really.

[quote=“caoimhaoin”]Firstly who playing hurling would catch Naughton? Shane McGrath maybe? Ritchie Hogan at a stretch? But not too many would have a hope.

Sars are a highly fit team, they just didn’t turn up and Newtown disrupted their normal game, it was a brilliant tactical game from Newtown.

Sars minus Pat Ryan (Who’s been found out now) have an average age of 21. The fact that they were county champions at all was an achievement. They had looked at next year as the year they’d like to win 2 years ago. They’ll be back.

Worrying about Newtown in the much is silly, they run in the muck all the time, deliberately to get fit and to be faster over the ground on a pitch. They won the All-Ireland with a very similar team, and with the way some pitches are these days anyway i don’t think that will make one iota of difference.

Ben O’ Connor was unbelieveable really thinking back, he destroyed them.[/quote]

who said anything about catching him?..it was the manner in which Naughton left him kev…a fellow intercounty hurler…it was shocking…and it wa fraggy who had the run on naughton as he was coming out while naughton was just collecting the ball…you’ve said your piece on how this match would go Kev…Sars to win…so don’t be telling anyone else what to think…its obvious a dog knows more about its father than you do about Cork hurling…:smiley:

Absolutely nobody predicted that easy win yesterday, nobody.