Schuster taking over at Real Madrid

Looks like Bernd Schuster is taking over at Real Madrid - maybe a bit of German discipline is all they need. Where does this leave Mourinho?

Schuster signs pre-contract with Real Madrid

Getafe’s German coach Bernd Schuster has signed a pre-contract agreement to become Real Madrid’s manager next season, according to reports.

Schuster had an oral agreement with Real president Ramn Caldern but German news agency DPA report the former Real Madrid player now has a signed deal that states he will take over from 1 July 2007.

Despite denying initial reports of a deal in Spanish newspaper AS earlier on Thursday, Schuster’s representatives later confirmed the details of the pre-contract agreement to Deutsche Presse-Agentur.

If Real decide not to appoint Schuster as Fabio Capello’s successor the former German international will receive 1m. Likewise, if Schuster decides not to rejoin the club where he spent some of his most glorious years as a player he will have to shell out 1m.

Schuster, who was a flamboyant playmaker for both Barcelona and Real Madrid, has forged one of the best defences in Spain, at Getafe, and his knowledge of La Liga puts him ahead of other candidates such as Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho, Liverpool boss Rafa Benitez and Russia coach Guus Hiddink.

In March, Schuster boosted his stock with the Madridstas when he lambasted out-of-favour Capello.

‘Capello only wants to win, it does not matter how, and with that philosophy you will never succeed at Real Madrid,’ he said.

‘It is practically certain he won’t be coach of Real Madrid next season.’

Since then Schuster has been involved with planning Madrid’s summer transfer campaign - demanding any plans of sell defender Fabio Cannavaro are shelved, approving a move for Germany international Christophe Metzelder and suggesting 50m is decent price for Cristiano Ronaldo.

Re: cillian sheridan

Can’t see that in work but I presume it’s his goal for the reserves from Monday that’s posted on the multimedia board. Cracking finish. Great prospect.

I was reading a quote from Tommy Burns about him the other day. He said “With young players you see an improvement from week to week or from month to month. With Cillian he gets better and better with every training session.”

His Bebo page was posted up on an earlier thread about Celtic youths.

thats a cracking goal. is he irish?

He’s from Bailieboro in Cavan. Made his Celtic first team debut in the Cup victory at Inverness in the last round. Was over to Celtic a bit last year but was concentrating on Gaelic Football with Bailieboro Shamrocks and trying to make the Cavan minor team. He went over to Celtic full time at the start of this season and has scored bucket loads for the youths. He was quickly promoted to the reserve squad and he wouldn’t stop scoring for them either. Strachan gave him a new 4 year deal last month and there’s extremely high hopes for him.

first time i have seen or heard you praise a celtic player. well done. step by step and all that.

always trying to rise me. i wont take the bait pied. What age is he?

why any take i make a point about you do you accuse me of trying to rise you? when have you ever made a positive comment towards a celtic player before?

no i think gerrardno1 only likes the epl. he is a fan of it and not the national team. he is getting ever more sesitive of late so i’d watch it fingal or he could accuse you of making him angry!

who said that? Im a liverpool fan so i like liverpool. also i’ve praised many celtic players. mcgeady, boruc, lennon, naka, o’dea to name but a few. As i said im a celtic fan, why wouldnt i praise them when credit is due?

When did you say any of the above were good players. I can’t remember. Find me the quote please. I am prepared to apologise if i you find the quotes. As regards the other point you have told me on more than one ocassion that you support every english team when they enter a european competition with the exception of manchester united. i don’t know why you just don’t support them all. what is your problem with manchester?

because you tried to send a message to cbyrnelackspace telling him to log into this thread for that reason, but you sent the message to me by mistake. fool

i apologise.