Seachtain na Gaeilge

But sure it’s taking over on other threads… You want us to put Irish in a cage and we wont let you. Bìodh nàire ort Fagan Ò Ďùbhda

1 Like

Nice mix of Czechish and Gaeilge there :+1:

1 Like

I welcome all tongues. The summer I spent in Prague was a huge influence. I can still say ‘stand clear, the doors are about to close’ in Czech.

I can say George’s Dock in Irish.

1 Like

@Rocko what the fuck? Every vowel with a fada has disappeared from this post? Glad to see I was banging the climate change drum 14 years ago not like some Johnny green lately types. Cc @Little_Lord_Fauntleroy

1 Like

i was busy bringing peace to Oireland -ffs

2 Likes

@Juhniallio why is St Laurence’s Road Bothar San Labhras as Gaeilge and not Bothar Naomh Labhras?

San is for foreign saints

Naomh is for Irish saints

2 Likes

Is Saint Laurence not an Irish saint?

Is it not St Lawrence road.

Laurence (o’toole) is an Irish saint.

Lawrence was English I think.

1 Like

Apologies @Fagan_ODowd we had the little lady’s confirmation today. I’d like you to know that id never let down the Gaeilge unless there was someting ullmhòr happening.

This the lassie that’s going to school on the peninsula?

That’s her. Canon john with an absolute tour de france in st Anne’s yesterday. Unbelievable. A walkabout freestyle session on the mic at the start ('hey…why do you want to be confiemed…). Finished with a rant about all his mates having retired on hefty pensions including his 2 younger brothers but he has to still put in the hard yards… an hour and 35 mins…

4 Likes

Also. They went to tamangoes last night. The children. Tamangoes… where the gang’s children now go. …

Jaysus is he still on the go? He must be in his late 80s now.