Second Captains

Give us an example.
Do ya mean he keeps saying ‘would have’ as in ‘Donal would have been our manager at the time’?

No. Speaking of 2005. 'i’m the captain, i’m leading cork up the steps, i say…
On jbm ’ he puts me in the team, he gives me my chance (when he was a minor)

[quote=“Juhniallio, post: 854057, member: 53”]No. Speaking of 2005. 'i’m the captain, i’m leading cork up the steps, i say…
On jbm ’ he puts me in the team, he gives me my chance (when he was a minor)[/quote]
Maybe there is no past tense in the Fijian language?

Sean Og is on The Last Word on Today FM later this hour.

That’s a must-listen.

TFK Exclusive:

These rugby football loving bastards will be back on RTE with another series of their TV show offering in February to coincide with the annual “Six” Nations friendly round robin kicking off.

[quote=“Bandage, post: 881516, member: 9”]TFK Exclusive:

These rugby football loving bastards will be back on RTE with another series of their TV show offering in February to coincide with the annual “Six” Nations friendly round robin kicking off.[/quote]

That is a bit sickening alright. When they’re other series coincided with the all Ireland finals they barely made passing reference to them, especially the hurling, yet they are going to base a whole series around rugby.
I’d love to hear their answer on this one actually if someone would tweet them on it. Is it the yerrah culture of GAA that puts them off or the appeal of rugby to women or what? Because it certainly isn’t tv ratings or the popularity of the sports. They are intelligent fellas though so there must be a reasonable explanation.

They’re cunts. Simple.

Does anyone even listen to the podcasts anymore?

I couldn’t sleep the other night so I threw on one of the Xmas specials they had, it had the desired effect on me and I started to nod off… Then the plonker Murph decided to lump in with some ‘humorous’ comment and I felt an incessant rage creeping through my chest… which woke me the fuck up again :mad:

So I threw on some white noise and that did the job.

[quote=“Bandage, post: 881516, member: 9”]TFK Exclusive:

These rugby football loving bastards will be back on RTE with another series of their TV show offering in February to coincide with the annual “Six” Nations friendly round robin kicking off.[/quote]

I was a month out - it’s just been confirmed that Second Captains Live will return in March. I’ll still claim the above as a TFK exclusive.

They seemed to have made a mistake leaving - what are Off the Ball ratings like since they left the radio show?

Rating are up :clap:

The new look ‘Off the Ball’ show has increased its listenership by 4,000 to 43,000 in the past year despite the turbulence of the entire team quitting last March.

The new look ‘Off the Ball’ show has increased its listenership by 4,000 to 43,000 in the past year despite the turbulence of the entire team quitting last March.

Today FM’s Ian Dempsey’s ratings increased from 180,000 in the last count to 189,000.

Matt Cooper increased by 2,000 with 160,000 listeners leaving 2fm’s ‘More Music Drive’ in the dust with 110,000.

Newstalk’s George Hook was down 5,000 listeners to 130,000 but it was good news for Sean Moncrieff who was up a further 2,000 to 112,000.

[quote=“TreatyStones, post: 895722, member: 1786”]Rating are up :clap:

The new look ‘Off the Ball’ show has increased its listenership by 4,000 to 43,000 in the past year despite the turbulence of the entire team quitting last March.[/quote]
The pull of Parky:clap:

Don’t forget Gizzy mate

off the ball is a grand show now, you can sort of drop in and drop out of it, the football show can be tedious going allright at times
just had my wednesday night rugby fill their with the podcast with fester wood and gerry thornley who is telling us the sword of damacles will be above the french coaching ticket’s head if they go down to england.
@Rocko can you confirm that @kenearlys has been added to the list of people we are not allowed discuss?

Sword of Damacles, that is classic Thornley :smiley:

I often wonder if he is tongue in cheek - if not then he deserves a COTY 2014 nomination

Second Captains Live returns to RTE 2 tonight after the Champions League coverage. While Neil Lennon is apparently a guest, I imagine rugby football will feature very heavily.

Just give them the sports radio show on 2fm ta fuck. They aren’t suited to TV at all

I imagine Lemon will declare his undying love for the West Brit rugby side.

I fear that’s unfortunately quite a likely outcome.