Second Captains

They gave him his first start as far as I know in the media.

He was with them on Newstalk a few months before they quit.

Strange

Serious value for 5 euro a month. George Hamilton has gone up in my estimation.

3 Likes

What do they offer for the 5er how many shows a week and on what sports?

5 shows a week and on pretty much every sport. They do the odd politics show as well. Ken early done an interview with a polish professor last week about the war. It was easily worth the 5 euro.

Like a newspaper is 2 euro a day or whatever and it’s only yesterdays news. 5 euro a month is for nothing.

2 Likes

he is great on lyric fm

1 Like

In fairness that is great value. Who would be their guests on soccer and gaa?

The Hamilton episode was great.

2 Likes

A coup for the boys

HUGE EXCLUSIVE!

It’d be like a bunch of nerd Austrian podcasters losing their shit over securing an interview with a recently sacked Arminia Bielefeld manager.

7 Likes

Sads and Dychie are big buds

I’m sorry if this was covered before but it’s an incredible listen on the troubles.

Id have no real opinion on the north as I’m sheltered from it. The only thing I know is it’s imperative piece is kept.

This what it really was on the ground.

Presume most people on tfk hate them but you’d have to admire these lads in fairness. Five what seem to be very good mates who took a big risk leaving what must have been a dream job for them and ending up working for themselves in what must be a dreamier job for them.

11 Likes

They’re good lads - it’s the apes they left behind that wouldn’t universally be liked

2 Likes

Parkinson, true to form, came in as scab labour.

6 Likes

I’d say they are loathed on TFK.

Agree they are good lads I like their podder (cc @Thomas_Brady)

Ten tweets and they still couldn’t just come out and call Ger Gilroy a wanker.

11 Likes

Without seeing the no doubt bile from those on here who don’t like Second Captains I’m going to say they are great, they are living the dream, and I’ll be in the Olympia in September supporting their 10 year anniversary.

1 Like

I’ve been a subscriber since the start. A generally excellent podcast and good value for the fiver a month. Early and the Football shows make it. GAA coverage, when they get to it, is also good.

4 Likes