Second Captains

There was a Kerry fella there early doors too iirc. Think he went off a ran a similar show on Radio Kerry?

Jerry O Sullivan

How could I forget Jirry.

It all went to shit when Jerry left

Yerra

2 Likes

It takes a Kerry man to mind them howiyas

Think ye are overegging the revolutionary bit. It was a clear copy of talksport which had taken off a decade before off the ball. It was certainly a new thing for the Irish market but it was hardly a new idea. I’m sure talksport stole it from some one as well.

1 Like

Off The Ball actually did good stuff though.

Whatever happened the lad Declan (Carty??) who used to come on after them? Dodgy theme tune and me man sounding like he was tucking into a baguette on air.

Like others, I would have listened to OTB a fair bit back in the day. I liked McDevitt and Early, but Murph was a difficult listen. By the time they were gone I wasn’t listening to them much at all. Too much banter etc.

In the years that have followed, with the reintegration of Gilroy, the emergence of Joe Molloy and a plethora of others, I realise we had it much better than I realised in early 2013. I don’t bother with the Second Captains podcast, but fair fucks to them for making a success of it.

Imagine paying to listen to those nerds :rofl:

There’s some amount of simple cunts on here.

Ah, it’s grand if lads want to subscribe. That’s the way it’s going now. Just not for me.

I’d often throw on the free podcast after a big weekend of gaa or soccer. Ken is good value. I’ve never paid for it as I wouldn’t listen to more than the free hour or so every week.

I must give it a go at some stage.

Gilroy had a fantastic sub-gate in fairness. Yer man Shane Hannon is struggling to replace Eoin Sheehan though. They’ve brought in a few nobodies too which is never a good thing.

Woolie and Gizzy Lyng taking over in 2013 was absolutely hilarious stuff. Woolie rabitting on about Lukaku as if he was some sort of Footballing connoisseur.

Good on em. They took a shot and decided to chase the dream. It’s going grand by the looks of it

2 Likes

A great bunch of lads

1 Like

No surprise to see a lad with the personality of turnip cheerleading a bunch of cabbages. Id say that you probably need to get out more but i wouldn’t inflict you on real people and youre probably best locked away listening to these dweebs.

This comes from a chap who hero worships Joe Rogan. :grinning:

6 Likes

I must admit to not having a scooby do about what happened to these fellas in the last five or more years. So they do podcasts for a fiver a month? But I have Spotify for a tenner a month with a million podcasts on everything so not sure I need this. These lads must do next to zero advertising for new customers as I don’t even see their names out there, and I guess I should be their target audience. What ever happened the second captains tv show as that was actually a decent idea? I guess they do roadshows now instead?

On OTB, their talent bench is unfortunately really threadbare these days. I think they are missing Eoin Sheehan something awful who despite coming across as annoying to me initially really grew on me and he was the best facilitator on the show in recent years for my money, granted this was in a sea of mediocrity.

1 Like

Edgy