Second Captains

Joe was proved 100% right on covid and it eats at your soul.

its like that dunce @Mac saying the tommy tiernan podcast was the funniest thing he ever heard :grinning:

The clip of the late and great Jerry Kieran tearing Parkinson apart was great radio.

They’ve 13.4k Patreons. Along with the live shows and RTÉ radios stuff allows them all to have six figure incomes if they want it.

They also don’t have to work that hard versus their old live shows- their office is nearly always empty. That would allow them all to do other stuff (which a few of them do) when arsed.

2 Likes

:grinning: :grinning: :grinning:

5 Likes

Guys I’m currently listening to them discussing Liverpool 7-0 Manchester United. It’s fine. Early referred to yer man Murph as a “fan pundit”, which gave me a chuckle

Ken has agreed with my analysis here on Sunday that United were small timers like Newcastle with their early time wasting on Sunday

Lads Listening to OTB and Second Captains is all very ten years ago.

1 Like

Funny. I was thinking I haven’t listened to OTB in ten years. The prospect of putting on that “crappy quiz” by accident means I’d never knowingly put on Newstalk at night. I’ve never listened to Second Captains. In all fairness if you’d need those cunts to interpret what you are after watching you’d want to be taking a long hard look at yourself.

10 Likes

Conventional radio is dead. I’ll pod anything I find interesting instead

I like conventional radio. I like the idea of tripping across things that other people find interesting rather than deciding for myself all the time what is interesting.

5 Likes

OTB have a very good YouTube account that gets a lot of views.

YouTube auto play is a good way to get random topics.

I subscribe to pods of interest, and then take or leave subjects that dont take my fancy. Saying that, I’ve often given something a whirl that ordinarily I wouldnt go near. But I couldnt be listening to some of the dirge you get of a normal Irish radio station nowadays.

1 Like

I listen mostly to BBC Radio 6 especially at weekends. Pravda for morning Ireland and then Lyric.

2 Likes

The Crappy Quiz is a Liveline Funny Friday for mildly unhappy men in their early 40s developing a very mild pot belly who like to talk a lot about early 1990s GAA and use power tools.

I went through a phase of four Fridays in a row in September 2022 where I listened to the Crappy Quiz. It’s possible it’s merely a coincidence, but the Tuesday after the fourth of these Fridays, my eye went blind.

22 Likes

Hardly a coincidence… i avoid it like the plague and am fully sighted.

1 Like

You could tell Ken Early was serious about this journalism lark when he made the decision from the start that he would never reveal which team he supports.

Ken supports Liverpool.

I would have BBC Radio 6 on the weekends also. Tried it mid-afternoon/early evening midweek a few times mid evening and they have some awful tulips presenting. Big Smashey and Nicey vibes going on.

Huey Morgan of a Saturday and Cerys, Guy Garvey and Iggy Pop of a Sunday are my staples.

1 Like

I heard that a few years back and was surprised!