Seeking members for the Limerick Chippers Social Group

Despite being a Limerick institution its vastly overrated

I’d have fed myself on it a fair bit as a student but if you’ve an extra few quid in your pocket or not 10 pints deep, Chicken Hut doesn’t even get a look.

Other hand, doesn’t matter if you’ve Scrooge McDuck sort of twine, Donkeys is always on the menu.

2 Likes

Donkeys close early these days 8 or 9ish.

1 Like

No fellas falling out of a pub to stay open for

Ah no they’ve been doing it for a good while before the virus. As regards chicken hut you always risk the common limerick scobe starting on you in the queue more so there than other take aways

Fredas can get dicey…

Savage feed tho. Would rarely be out that side of time. Luigis on Parnell street is the job. Window later at night when falling out if a pub

Luigis used to be the top dog in town. Dropped in my rankings last few times I dined after hopping off the train.

1 Like

Fusco’s is a very good shout these days.

Luigis was the best but agreed it’s slid. Luis in Raheen if you just want chips or battered sausage or something is top class. Burgers etc are shite but that’s always the way.

20 inch pizza would feed an African village

Luigi’s has declined badly in recent years. Never been to Freda’s but have heard it’s supposed to be good.

Enzo’s is still the benchmark for me, but Joe’s up by Claughaun field is very decent too.

1 Like

Joe’s is a good shout forgot it existed until you said it. The yellow road on Edward street was unreal until it closed

Enzo’s is absolutely dacent.

Luigi’s has slid but it’s still good, I think. Fusco’s is excellent, Freda’s too.

But I do love that chicken hut gravy.

When you’re changing the oil in your deep fat fryer next, keep the sludge at the bottom. Voila you’ve the base for the chicken hut gravy, add corn flour for desired consistency

1 Like

Myself and a group of mates had some good natured banter with a lad claiming to be a Dundon there one night about 14 years ago

2 Likes

solo pizza broad st

chicken lunch box, hungry lyons drivethru ennis rd. marvelous.

Any element to denote it from its parent snackbox?