Seinfeld

:disappointed_relieved:

2 Likes

I once got the opportunity to use the phrase Serenity Now in a very tense situation and it changed the situation entirely. Everyone stopped and broke their holes laughing.

4 Likes

Were you queuing in Super Value at the time?

1 Like
3 Likes

Is anyone here a marine biologist?

2 Likes

He was also tops in ,King of Queens

Amazon Prime has every episode of Seinfeld on it. Started working my way through it. Up to season 4 which is just outstanding episode after outstanding episode.

“I’m sorry, the correct answer is The Moops!”

The GOAT

12 Likes

https://youtu.be/D9tP9fI2zbE

1 Like

The Van Buren Boys - a Kramer Tour de France :smile:

This is worth Amazan Prime alone. Thats at least a years worth of guaranteed laughs right there

1 Like

Never really watched much of it the first time around . Just on to season three now. Decent. But his stand up in it is shit. Is this intentional ? Some of the non pc anti women jokes wouldn’t fly these days or George’s homophobia but it’s a decent watch and easy viewing. Getting sick of the drug and crime series . Seems to be all there is …

A lot of it is dated, some in a good way, some in a bad way. Most of it though is vintage peak comedy at its finest, stick with it

Oh yeah I will. It’s good but as you say some of it is dated. Will be a good primer to move on to curb your enthusiasm then …

1 Like

Most tv shows from 10 years ago wouldn’t get on now!

When I lived in the states it was on every evening on about 3 different channels. It’s superb. I have to say the episode where George gets a wig is one of my favourites.

2 Likes
4 Likes
1 Like

For me Seinfeld is one of those weird programs that you have to take time to “get”. If you just watch an episode at random it’s not very good. But once you get it, it’s very funny. IMO Jerry Seinfeld is not even a little funny as a comic though. Weird.

1 Like

I think the writing is brilliant but the chemistry between the characters is top-notch. Jerry himself isn’t a great actor but he bounces off the others really really well.

Jason Alexander is just superb.

2 Likes