Seinfeld

1 Like

All fantastic characters, love Kramer

Like all good comedies stands the test of time, ive a smallie who loves this, Father Ted, even dad’s army , and only the old too gear , so as long as the content is good- the participants gel , it crossers all generations

Thankfully they realise this themselves and get rid of the stand up bits at beginning and end in the later series.

Marc Maron spoke to Jerry in a rare in depth interview recently. Talks alot about his approach to comedy. A really good listen.

1 Like

Curb Your Enthusiasm is very similar in that regard, if you were to just stick on a random episode without ever seeing it before or understanding it I am sure that many would find it odd. But once you watch a handful and get into the flow of it you soon find the comic genius of it.

i remember watching the odd episode of Seinfeld as a teenager and wondering what the hype was all about but when i started watching it in my 20s more regularly i could appreciate it far more

1 Like

Curb is just Seinfeld set in LA with Larry.Its pretty pretty pretty good also.

2 Likes

A bit awkward in places…

there’s a modern day seinfeld twitter… it’s very on point

My cousin works for a sound-tech/touring company in Canada and has done a load of Jerry live shows. Says they’re good but it’s pretty much the same routine he’s been doing for 2/3 years. Says Jerry is a pure oddball, won’t look you in the eye, and my cousin maintains he’s an awful cheapskate because he won’t buy his own SM58 mic (these things cost only €100 or so). Instead he uses the company’s one which my cousin reckons is bad hygiene practice

1 Like

Yeah. Don’t think he was very comfortable doing such an interview.

I think Jerry is an unique quirky fella in a way. I’d say he doesn’t leave many people into his inner circle.

Have you seen his collection of cars? not a cheapskate on that front anyway

Ah sure, the guy is absolutely minted. Has no problem splashing it on himself :laughing:

1 Like

:joy::joy::joy:

TCB, brilliant

I noticed in the show, there are car photos/pics on his wall, so guessing he was always a fan of flash cars. After listening to the Maron podcast, I kind of get the impression that he’s a bit ruthless. When he told Marc his parents were orphans and Marc started laughing, he goes “what’s there to joke about”. A bit of an awkward moment. Also, when Maron said that he couldn’t get Larry David on to the show as LD thought “what’s the point?”. What about going on it for the craic. I’d say Larry (or Laaaarreee as he’d be called in west Clare) and Jerry (or “jurreee” as he’d be called in Limerick) were awkward feckers.
This is cringe, but what can ya do. He fucked it up.

2 Likes

Seinfeld needs to be binned with that filthy racist as one of the main actors in it …

#BLM

I thought the whole point of Seinfeld was that he’s a complete cunt and just playing himself.

Adele, the famous fat singer, says that she was sitting next to Jerry Seinfeld at an award ceremony once and he made her cry slagging off her weight.

Isn’t there something mad about how he met his wife as well, like she was a month after marrying someone else?

I don’t think that reflects on enjoying his comedy but I just wouldn’t put anyone on a pedestal.

Never watched an episode of it myself.

Flicked onto it a few times back in the day but it just seems too forced or annoying in some way at the time.
I have just watched a couple of the clips posted above and they are not in one way funny to me. But it was supposed to be a brilliant show and maybe as someone said above you have to watch it and get to know the characters to really get it and the gags.
Seinfeld himself just seemed like a knob of a man.

I am looking for something to watch so I might give it a go.

2 Likes

Best comedy ever

1 Like