Server Performance

if multiple people are typing simultaneously the posts will be cached - the actual trigger of these posts will eat bandwidth and CPU cycles - the caching will eat RAM and to a lesser extent CPU.

If whatever buffer is allocated for caching fills up, i’d imagine the server will start booting people out.

1 Like

@Rocko managed to stay ahead of the technology curve in the 1990s, 2000s and for much of the 2010s, but the game’s left him behind here.

1 Like

What kind of RAM?

@Rocko - a lot of rails apps have migrated from single threaded unicorn to multi threaded Puma. Performs concurrency way more efficiently.

its a young mans game

Bring back pagination

tis in my fuck… young lads come out of college learning python and ruby… pussy languages…
old heads had to figure out C and jaysus Cobol.

there’s young lads who are “full stack” haven’t a fucking clue what they are at. Make the GUI nice. Not a clue what’s going on under the hood

1 Like

Ladder Logic is serious business.

is that circuit stuff? that’s for uber nerds

WTF are you on about.Thats some serious nerd talk there

1 Like

I’ve been afraid to come out as a nerd because of the inevitable e-bullying on here. but fuck it, I can’t deny it any longer. I’m a nerd. I love computers.

1 Like

funny-nerd-geek-have-idea-260nw-492607711

1 Like

PLC Programming.

1 Like

that’s eerily close to home bud.

1 Like

That was Sicko.

Yeah I was reading about that on stack exchange or somewhere. But this software is stuck with Unicorn anyway.

Yes. On an android phone. Generally just on v busy periods. Oddly was able to post whilst it was going on but took ages to load

the software surely can’t be coupled to the underlying http server?

I knew there was something off.

1 Like

It is. Maybe because it’s all packaged in one Docker container?