Sevco v Celtic ☘

Ramsey has played fuckall fitba in the last 2 years. He played rhe full match last week against austria. Ergo, the onLy team he gives a shit about playing for is wales.

Himself and Bale are some pair

I hadn’t noticed Diallo featuring for them lately? I watched that Wales-Austria match and Ramsey is still a good operator but he was cramping up at the end. He could hurt Celtic with his ability alright but there’s a scenario where Ramsey is most advanced in a midfield three and doesn’t stop McGregor instigating Celtic’s attacks. Don’t think he has the fitness and mobility to press constantly for an entire game. Actually @Rocko what way are they likely to line up?

I hope I’m not lamenting our set piece defending again today. Whatever about our unusual (at times) alignment defending set pieces, we’ll need to stand up physically to balls pumped into the box. It’ll be a hostile atmosphere indeed, I’d say the hun crowd will go after Giakoumakis after his recent comments.

He hasn’t but I think he’s been judged harshly to date even by hun fans … as the ground hardens I think he’ll be dangerous as he’s an absolute flier…

The general sense from a few united youth and reserve experts I follow say he doesn’t really fancy it.

1 Like

Fair enough , just think he’s been written off very early in Scotland , largely because of old firm game which he clearly didn’t have a clue what he was walking into

Ya he’d a few nice cameos for man united in fairness.

1 Like

I imagine they’ll go something like…

McGregor

Tavernier (pen) Goldson Helander Bassey

Jack Kamara
Ramsey

Aribo Roofe Kent.

But I don’t really know about the midfield. Kamara was dropped recently since Jack came back and they’ve had Arfield, Lundstram and Sands playing in various games. Also they played Ramsey further forward instead of Aribo but they’d hardly leave him out. It’s hard to think they wouldn’t go with Jack and Kamara in the midfield.

1 Like

Following the old firm game He missed a sitter in drawn match against Dundee united , the huns really turned on him after that

Excited for this today. Going to be an absolute belter.

Based on what exactly? Diallo was awol for the February game and I’m not sure if he’s played much since. Ramsey has the potential to cause damage but one goal against a poor Dundee team doesn’t strike fear into me. I think if Celtic withstand the initial 20 minutes of fury from the hordes they are in with a really good chance. They will need to score twice however.

1 Like

Celtic have only one way of playing and its not withstanding pressure …rangers have only one way of playing and it’s to withstand pressure …given the way celtic play Ramsey will get time and space…

I’d say it’ll be a bench impact, if anything from him.

I reckon they’ll have an out and out wide player in Kent playing off the striker with someone else playing narrower on the right. GVB seems to play Arfield a lot and Kamara hasn’t been starting every game either. Aribo, Arfield or Ramsey could be played in that right side slot.

This is going to sound very obvious and generic but there have been two ways of beating Celtic this season.

Sit in and defend well and deep and force them into crosses and then hope to win on a set piece. Giakoumais has made that a less attractive option but it’s still how most teams in Scotland will take on the task.

The other way is to go toe to toe with Celtic and exploit gaps in midfield and the full backs being pushed forward as wingers. Teams have taken that on and been exposed but the better teams in Europe have found ways of making it work. I think the huns will go for it. They’ll have defensive midfielders in there but they’ll try and get the ball quickly to attacking midfielder (Ramsey?) and to the wingers to run at the Celtic centre backs.

But Celtic have been very good at suffocating possession for other teams recently. There are lots of quick breaks but when there’s no immediate chance, I think we’ve been better at not giving it away and we’ve tried to dominate possession as well as chances.

3 Likes

Celtic, as anyone, struggle with high quality geggenpress.
My uncontroversial worry is that in a close game, the referee will nudge it for the huns.

1 Like

Who will take the rangers penalty today?

Collum might take it himself I think.

Gazza hopefully be back again