Sevco v Celtic ☘

Great Celtic performance after such a disastrous start. Rangers threw everything at them in that second half but not once did it ever feel like Celtic would concede. Ange is coaching them superbly.

1 Like

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeesssssssssssssssssssssss

1 Like

Ah that was fantastic.

@Bandage will post up official TFK analysis later but that was a terrific defensive performance. The five defenders who featured were all excellent - including Juranovic after his poor start.

Callum McGregor was his usual terrific self in midfield too. Rogic was brilliant. Maeda was also fantastic. Stopped so many attacks for them and nearly got himself a couple of goals.

Fine cameo from Bitton too.

1 Like

Never … he’s simply not officer class …

They had a Roofe volley and maybe his slightly awkward header but no other chances really in the last 20 minutes. Even when we were sitting that deep we still had the better chances.

That was a display at the start. There were thousands of hun bastards under that banner, the end isn’t empty. Basically they couldn’t hack Celtic pumping them at Ibrox under Rodgers so reduced the allocation from 7k/8k to 700. Celtic followed suit at Celtic Park. Then there were no supporters at all during Covid for a while followed by home fans only and it’s only now they’ve reverted to 700.

1 Like

He’s clearly learning a lot from Scales in training.

3 Likes

#backtrack

1 Like

@Bandage what do you make of Van brnckhorst ,the man who makes no subs , taking off key signing Ramsey and injury prone talisman Jack ?..

Bhoys I would have preferred us to control the second half more via possession rather than relying on resolute defending. But fuck it, let’s not quibble. Starfelt and CCV were outstanding.

Our best football was for the last half hour of the first half when we got our football going and created plenty of chances. Obvious statement, but it was absolutely pivotal to equalise straight away. We actually scored when we were still clearing our heads and generally shaky.

But prescient poster @Bandage had remarked that, while Ramsey might hurt us with his ability, we would surely be able to play around a Lundstam, Jack and Ramsey trio. And so it proved as the half progressed - they just didn’t have the legs.

Rogic kept getting into the half spaces (cc @mickee321) and he made them pay. McGregor had a fine game too. A shout out to Daizen Maeda, I thought his energy, workrate, selflessness was key to giving us a footprint in the game. He got in behind a lot in that dominant spell but kept winning it back and disrupting them when they were trying to get at us.

Very good save by Hart from Sakala in the second half, but nothing clear cut other than that. Abada also had two big chances on the break late on to finish the game but that’s a huge win.

I also thought Aribo’s tackle that put O’Riley out of the game was a straight red. He goes in wildly with two feet and takes the ball initially and then through O’Riley’s standing leg. That cunt Collum would call that in any other fixture, or in the same fixture if it was a Celtic player.

Ange has done some job so far. Onto St Johnstone next weekend, the Perth side will be buoyed by that win against Livi yesterday. But what about the handball in the box they got away with?

Making yer man Glen(n) Kamara his fifth choice midfield player is the most baffling thing for me.

2 Likes

Yeah I’d like to see us have more possession in that second half. We probably suffered from them taking more risks because we sat back and when we got the ball there was a counter attack on a lot of the time. O’Riley wasn’t on for long but he struggled to get to the pace of the game and it stopped us using the ball better I thought.

I thought GVB was poor not to recognise that Rogic threat. It’s exactly where O’Riley found room in the February game and Rogic did the same damage that the Fenian Dane had done then. I don’t think Jack is anything like the player Kamara is and we were able to work it around him easily in the first half.

1 Like

Watch Ramsey’s effort levels for the Rogic goal.

1 Like

I thought Ramsey’s performance was very similar to his contribution when Ireland beat Wales in the McClean game. He started very brightly, he got a goal this time, and for a while he looked a cut above others and that he’d control the game. Then he went out of it when the game settled down and ended up doing flicks and tricks in non threatening areas while running out of puff.

2 Likes
1 Like

Hard luck @Perez2017

1 Like

Could anyone cc @Rocko post a link to the game? I’ve been watching it on tfk.

@Rocko . Genuine question. Ive never been to a Celtic Rangers match and being honest, it’s not exactly on my bucket list. But would the huns be well pissed off at this for a few days?

After last year’s celebrations Glasgow city council are the real winners if table stays as is