Sevco v Celtic ☘

That couldn’t be real FFS? :rofl:

1 Like

Has to be doctored some way surely.

:rofl:

3 Likes

I opined a while ago that it would be a lovely irony if sevcos European exploits resulted in a champions League place for Celtic.
I would not be celebrating so early though. Lot of football to be played.

Rangers will do well to win all their remaining games. Especially with European games… they’ve 4 games in 10 days ,albeit only one is a league game but still . For a manager who doesn’t make many substitutions , they’ll be bolloxed for league

2 Likes

Celtic will have 4/6 at home and the huns will have 4/6 away too.

The Dons went from 6th to 9th in running yesterday via that late concession at Dens Park. Look how tight it is between 4th and 10th ahead of the final round before the split next weekend.

I mentioned a while back how Celtic have played most of the top six away twice and at home only once. Hence we’ll have more post split home games. We’ve played all the current top six away twice now, except Dundee United.

We should be driving on now. I’d say the next derby won’t be the first game post split, they’ll leave it to the second game to allow a 2-week gap after the cup semi final in case there’s murder at it.

1 Like

Full time scenes. Think that’s the Muslim English Defence League fella with the queen Elizabeth emblazoned union jack.

:joy::joy::joy:

Yep Abdul EDL, hes the hunhinged of the hunhinged :smile:

1 Like

monday april 4 2022

FOOTBALL | MICHAEL GRANT

Old Firm derby: Celtic come from behind to take full control of title race

Rangers 1 Celtic 2

Carter-Vickers scored what proved to be the winner and marked only the fifth time in past 95 Scottish Premiership Old Firms that the side conceding the first goal has gone onto win the match

Carter-Vickers scored what proved to be the winner and marked only the fifth time in past 95 Scottish Premiership Old Firms that the side conceding the first goal has gone onto win the match

Scottish Football Correspondent

Sunday April 03 2022, 2.00pm BST, The Times

MATCH SUMMARY

Rangers 1 - 2 Celtic
HT 1-2
SCOT PREM03/04/22
  • Ramsey3‎’‎

• Rogic7‎’‎

• Carter-Vickers42‎’‎

A couple of days after Rangers pulled out of an Old Firm game in Australia they lost one at home to probably withdraw from a title race. By losing a must-win clash with Celtic they probably surrendered their defence of the Premiership.

Celtic are pulling away at the top. They are six points clear with a goal difference which is better by 15 and the only remaining Old Firm league game is back at their own Celtic Park fortress. Rangers had not lost a home league game since March 2020 but Celtic arrived to put an end to that, reacting to the loss of an early Aaron Ramsey opener and hitting them with goals from Tom Rogic and Cameron Carter-Vickers before robust, brave defending allowed them to absorb Rangers’ desperate second-half pressure.

It is hard to imagine Celtic tossing it away now, having gone 32 domestic games without defeat since September. There is enough distance between the top two to show where this title is heading. Rangers were six points ahead at Boxing Day and now Celtic have delivered a 12-point swing.

This was not the flowing, exhilarating “Angeball” of Ange Postecoglou’s side at its best, as it was in the previous 3-0 derby win, but it was every bit as significant. The first Old Firm game in front of both sets of fans since September 2019 fizzed and roared as expected but the 700 Celtic fans tucked into the corner between the Broomloan and Sandy Jardine Stands knew what they were watching. Everyone did. This had the feeling of the day Rangers’ title defence petered out. There was the usual undercurrent of venom, this time with the start of the second half having to be delayed while groundstaff removed broken glass from the Celtic penalty area after a bottle had been thrown and shattered. One of the Celtic backroom staff needed stitches after a missile was thrown and struck him on the head. Jota had a coin and a plastic glass chucked at him when he went to take a corner. Rangers fans held up a series of banners referring to the Celtic Boys Club sex abuse scandal. Bleak, bleak stuff.

It was not a classic in any sense. Celtic showed character and steel to protect their lead. In Carter-Vickers, Rogic and a tireless trio, Callum McGregor, Daizen Maeda and Giorgos Giakoumakis, they had a handful of the game’s biggest influencers. For the second derby in a row all the goals came before half-time. Celtic ran themselves into the ground, crucially matching Rangers’ determination, and threw everything at it to break up attacks.

In the best Old Firm clashes there is a game within a game, the first five or ten minutes which so often set the mood and the tempo for everything which follows. Last time Celtic were ahead within five minutes; this time Rangers were a goal up after three but then quickly hauled back. The first six minutes was as good as the day got for them.

Calvin Bassey fed a low, hard pass down the inside left channel where Ryan Kent’s clever, sharp movement took out Josip Juranovic. Celtic were exposed and Kent had the awareness to pick out Ramsey for an emphatic finish off Joe Hart’s hand. This was what Rangers wanted from Ramsey from day one.

Celtic could not settle. Reo Hatate scored twice in the February rout of Rangers but here his first involvement was a slack crossfield pass intercepted by Kent to begin another attack. It might have been a different game had Rangers consolidated but instead Celtic scored from their first threatening move. McGregor, the captain, powered forward and opened up Rangers. Now Hatate was sharp, getting away a shot which Allan McGregor saved but only as far as Rogic who buried the equaliser.

The intensity and aggression was there from Rangers but manager Giovanni van Bronckhorst wanted composure too. When Hart, Carter-Vickers and Carl Starfelt played it out from the back, shuttling passes around to each other, Rangers did not press them aggressively, even though they looked unsure of themselves. Kemar Roofe scampered around but he was on his own. Eventually Ramsey gestured at Kent to get forward and closer to Carter-Vickers. Rangers claimed a penalty when Starfelt clipped Joe Aribo’s heels off the ball but the contact was accidental. Celtic then wanted one for McGregor taking down Maeda, with Postecoglou incredulous that referee Willie Collum let it go.

Celtic played their way into the game. Their passing and movement became sharper although never by enough to establish real control. Rogic and Jota fired shots over. A Jota cross was headed wide by Giakoumakis. But Celtic then had their second. Lundstram fouled Giakoumakis to concede a free-kick. From Jota’s delivery Starfelt pressurised Leon Balogun into a poor clearing header and the ball broke off Lundstram to reach Carter-Vickers, who coolly lashed it in as if he did it all the time. Ibrox was silenced.

Rangers gave their all in the second half without really causing any menace to Hart. Kent put another shot over and Ryan Jack appealed in vain for a penalty when his cross hit Carter-Vickers on the arm. The booking count was 4-1 for Celtic but, considering how fast and furious the play was, there was no real malice in any of the tackling.

Substitute Liel Abada shot wide after a delicious pass from Giakoumakis and Roofe put one over the top in the closing minutes. Rangers missed the injured Alfredo Morelos and Roofe was not the presence they needed him to be. They are now demoralised for a Europa League quarter-final in which they must do without him against Braga in Portugal on Thursday. Celtic are on a journey of their own under Postecoglou. It’s taking them from 25 points behind last season to likely champions in a matter of weeks.

3 Likes

Unique angle video from yesterday

It was a small thing but I mentioned yesterday that lovely chipped pass from Hatate to Maeda which started the move. First time we managed to open up the pitch with a good pass. And then Hatate gets himself forward for the shot.

Also worth noting the hun with a poor attempt at a pitch invasion after the second goal. I’m not sure he’d have come off better in a confrontation with CCV

2 Likes

That’s absolutely outstanding. “Hold me back, hold me back.”

1 Like

I’m going to predict the next thing the huns will ban will be our unique angle videos from Ibrox.

1 Like

The unique angle chap must have been a sitting duck for a bottle to the head too. He must just blend in with the neutral tv/photographer crew types. Wouldn’t want to be wearing any Celtic club gear anyway.

1 Like

Must be an official camera, the quality is too high for anything clandestine.

1 Like

As much as the fixture has lost a bit since the huns took the strop and reduced the away allocation, there’s something kinda cool about a Celtic goal at Ibrox being met with complete silence. I’m sure the 700 were making as much noise as they could but it barely registered on the TV coverage when we scored. Before this latest allocation kerfuffle allied with Covid, wasn’t there a game (or more?) in the early/mid 1990s when Celtic won there with no away fans present? John Collins scored a freekick, but I can’t remember why there were no fans there.

1 Like

Oh yes, he’s the Celtic TV guy so has a decent hand held yokey. I’m just saying he’s probably not wearing a Celtic FC hi viz bib while sitting at the edge of the pitch, or he’d get pelted.

Yeah they banned Celtic fans after there was damage to seats and toilets or something after a match. And Celtic refused to pay for them because that was the precedent at the time

1 Like

@Rocko any decent reviews/analyses on The Athletic?

I didn’t read their pre match preview, as these joint previews written by the Celtic and hun correspondents together irk me. The hun lad takes the lead, witters on, and largely dominates proceedings. I’d like to see Kieran Devlin show more aggression and nail the cunt, like Ralston did to Kent late on yesterday.

2 Likes

The first time I went to an old firm at Ibrox, I was handed the ticket with the rejoinder “Don’t buy anything, and pish on the floor”

1 Like

I actually disagree. I feel something is lost in the silence.