Shame on Dublin GGA Supporters

O’Byrne Cup games are supposed to be sleepy, uneventful afternoons that are quickly forgotten. But this was a surreal sort of day, where two of the biggest incidents to take place didn’t even occur on the field.

In the second-half, an irate Dublin fan lunged at a couple of Longford supporters on the terrace.

Nearby Gardai had to get involved to calm the away supporter, who by then had started ranting furiously about the Black and Tans, among other things.

Then more drama.

At the end of the game, after awarding a few late frees in Longford’s favour, referee Alan Coyne needed an intervention from the stewards to help him safely into his dressing room.

Coyne exited the field in the same area where streams of Dublin supporters were heading towards the exit and they lined up to verbally abuse the Westmeath man as he walked off.

Cat got your tongue @tazdedub

3 Likes

@tazdedub is a lot older than I thought.

4 Likes

Horrific stuff.

The fact that’s it’s the 11th of January :sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

2 Likes

A real winning mentality from the Dublin supporters

2 Likes

And so it all comes crumbling back down to Earth.

Kerry at 7/2 looks massive value now that the Dud’s are imploding

2 Likes

Dessie has fucked it already

Muldoons - “Dublin supporters only turn up in the summer and they don’t bother travelling”

Muldoons - “Look at the state of Dublin supporters getting wound up at a game in Longford in January :joy::joy::joy:

Muldoons be muldooning :man_shrugging:

13 Likes

I’m gonna put you at stage 2 there bro.

5 Likes

Most of them Dubs are probably living in Longford. Dubs all live in Kildare, Meath, Wicklow etc while the culchies all live in Dublin

2 Likes

I support rugby bro.

1 Like

That’s what makes it a bit weird.

1 Like

@tazdedub

@tazdedub

What kind of clown gets worked up over these pre season kickabouts ???

1 Like

If this is a pre season game, How many games on the the season? 14?

2 Likes

Tensions are high. Could this be a spill over from the Ryan v Barnes civil war in St Sylvesters?

1 Like