Sign in Kilkenny Whingers

No news out of the KK camp ahead of this years All Ireland Hurling final.

Brilliant

Flippin love d’Cats

Actually, I tell a lie. Bit of activity happening in KK before the AI final…

There’s a golf classic on in Gowran Park on Sept 1st with only 4 slots left. The KK supporters club will have a stall at the Iverk Show below in Piltown this Saturday; all proceeds going to the players training and holiday fund. And then sure there’s the Corporate Dinner on in Cillin Hill on the 29th August with prices at €60.00 for a four course dinner. Bobby Kerr (good KK man) will be the guest speaker and he’ll interview Brian Cody (manager of senior team) a week before the KK senior team play in the All Ireland Final taking place in Croke Park (Dublin).

What’s your thoughts on them moving the show to a Saturday? While it was always nice to get a half day from school when it was on the Thursday, a weekend day will surely attract more punters. I might head down there this year and pick up some fart gas, stink bombs and fun snaps

1 Like

I think they are pandering to the masses and should have left it on a Thursday @Fran. But then they are going to get the crowds on a Saturday in fairness.

It was rained off about 5 years ago on a Thursday, they rescheduled it for a Saturday a few weeks later and attendance grew by 40% . Attendance continues to grow every year since. No brainer really

1 Like

What sort of crowds do these Kilkenny training sessions attract these days? Would it still be up around the 10,000 mark they were attracting a few years back when they were chasing 4 and 5 in a row?

You’d be lucky to get 2,500 - 3,000 at them these nights I believe. Very slack in fairness. The county has been on the go for a long time now, only natural that appearances in AI senior hurling finals would be taken for granted.

Sounds like the county needs a 10-15 year stint in the wilderness.

Or 19 years like Wexford…

That’s why I’m signing in to back Kilkenny. It’s great having the likes of Galway not winning one in nearly 30 years. Let’s keep it that way so Wexford doesn’t stand out. Come on the super cats.

1 Like

OMFG!!!

What a coup!!!

Come on ye soup, come on ye super cats.

Signing in.

That’s a bit mean.

Its a question of when not if Galway will win a hurling All Ireland.

Waterford, Limerick and Dublin may never win one again so you’ll still be ahead of all of those with that 1996 win.

The more the merrier though, pal.

You fucking horrible strawberry picking cunt. Are Kilkenny not your traditional rivals? Not going by the way wexford danced for their pleasure in nowlan park. Galway are that majestic white lion you photographed earlier on. (yeah Kilkenny are the cats, whatever) under rated by all, but we stalk our pray, expertly drag them to the ground, a few digs on the sly and savage them. Then fall asleep beside them as the ultimate mug off.

Other posters just beware if you sign up to this thread your immediately on the kill list for a deranged psychopath off the internet. Me.

1 Like

This outrageous attack has me conflicted about my support of Galway now. Tone down the anti Wexford shite maroon or I will throw my considerable e-weight behind Kilkenny.

How could any red blooded wexford man want Kilkenny to win?

When they play Offaly obviously.

Why would you want the cunts on your side?

2 Likes