Significant people's (not celebrities) deaths

You have your moments alright

A brave woman. Clearly her father was a scumbag and no loss to society

1 Like

1 Like

Clara on Twitter: “@mickthehack This Davy Tweed? https://t.co/9VynUCeH2G” / Twitter

why dont we gather round the fire & let @ChairmanDan regale us one more time about Tweeds career

3 Likes

Makes my stomach sick reading that

Austin Currie RIP.

He shook my hand and I shook his hand at a bus stop at 8am one morning in November 1992, although I was not eligible to vote.

Austin Currie

If you don’t have anything good to say, best not say anything at all.

A good man.

1 Like

He was a cunt. How’s that?

4 Likes

That he was.

2 Likes

He got enough votes to make sure the second holiest Mary whoever walked Gods earth got a life pension and free trips to Dubai for life. That’s what he’ll be remembered for

2 Likes

Someone throw up the video of Adams destroying him on the Late Late.

RIP Austin

Anyone remember what book I’m thinking of ? The opening chapter described Austin Curries auld man cycling cross country to be denied a house . A law abiding honest man who even the local unionist neighbors respected and liked.
It’s bugging me now, must have read it well over 20 years ago

I watched that ‘interview’ a while back… an unbelievable display from Gerry. His savvy and calm in the face of Rev.Ian Paisley-esque whipped-up emotional, hate-filled holier-than-thou west brits was akin to Floyd Mayweather slipping punches in a media day training session. Like a fox slipping the hounds.

The RTE agenda was laid bare that night.

A pioneer of the Civil Rights struggle.

https://www.rte.ie/archives/exhibitions/1031-civil-rights-movement-1968-9/1032-caledon-protest/

After pouring out an inner sewer of cynicism and bitterness over a very sensitively made documentary about the death of a hugely respected broadcaster, it’s not surprising to see the same poster doing similar after the death of a man who stood up and actually achieved real gains for his people, who as a result was constantly attacked by both Loyalist and Nationalist thugs, and whose wife had UVF carved into her breast in one such thuggish attack.

3 Likes

F.W de Klerk

Sorry to hear that. He was outstanding Lethal Weapon 2

8 Likes

Gerald Sinstadt. You’d have to be of a certain age to remember him. The Big Match on UTV. Sportsnight.