Significant people's (not celebrities) deaths

No. He won two caps both at Murrayfield against Scotland in 1993 and 1995. Was selected to play against France in 1995, but cried off and never capped again.

You’re either familiar with the case or you’re not

2 Likes

It was widely reported in the news reports of his death this morning that his conviction was quashed. It’s a criminal trial that I’m presuming was heard in camera because of the nature of the charges and the complainant involved. Beyond those that were in the courtroom, I doubt there’s too many familiar with the details of it.

The world is a safer place this morning without Mr Tweed. A better place.

3 Likes

The father of tiramisu

2 Likes

Simon ‘get outta that garden’ Young passed away today

2 Likes

Just read that. He’d be very familiar to a generation on here.

Hardly surprising to have @ChairmanDan out to bat for a wife beating scumbag.

1 Like

Ah jaysus. RIP

He was living in Washington DC apparently. got very ill and spent a long time in hospital dealing with depression after he left RTE in 2002 or so.

1 Like

He had a hard few years. Went through the mill.

RIP.

1 Like

Had a hard run of it alright.

RIP

1 Like

Jesus Christ. 8 years old. And earlier.

And he isn’t the only credibly alleged paedo in the public eye with the initials DT and a surname containing five letters.

“My earliest clear memory was from around aged eight… I also have earlier fragmented memories of waking with a feeling of being pinned down and terrified,” she said.

"I lived with this abuse. I learned how to hide it all from everyone around me. I did this out of fear of what would happen if people knew.

“Given how violent he was, I spent my childhood afraid he would kill myself… As a child I had no doubt that he was capable of this.”

It’s early in the morning, spell this out for me.

1 Like

Rhymes with hump

2 Likes

Bill Clinton.

1 Like

RIP Bill. Saved Northern Ireland and we should always be grateful.

3 Likes

A nasty piece of work.

1 Like

Fair play to her for coming out.

3 Likes