Significant people's (not celebrities) deaths

He would have been on TodayFM for a few years

it said on the radio that the news had reached Spain and everyone in an Irish bar there raised a glass to him

he would have liked that

1 Like

Same here, neve heard of him til yesterday. Seems to have been quite the character

RIP

http://hoganstand.com/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=243087

Mayo GAA has been plunged into mourning after 2013 All-Ireland minor winner Darragh Doherty lost his life in a road accident last night.

The 19-year-old from Kilmaine died after the car he was driving hit a wall on the N84 at Carrowmore, near Ballinrobe at about 10.30pm. Heartbreakingly, he was pronounced dead at the scene.

Darragh was one of Mayo football’s brightest prospects and memorably scored 1-2 from corner forward in their All-Ireland minor final victory over Tyrone two years ago.

Kilmaine GAA posted the following tribute on their Facebook page:

"It is with profound sadness and shock that Kilmaine GAA announce the untimely passing of club player of Darragh Doherty, Ballyhenry, Kilmaine, Co.Mayo. Darragh was an outstanding footballer who bought honour and glory to club and county.

"He was a member of the All-Ireland Minor team of 2013 which brought the Tom Markham Cup back to Mayo after a 28 year gap, scoring 1-02 in the final. This was his second All-Ireland medal as he helped bring honour to Kilmaine, leading the U15 Community games indoor soccer team to glory at National level. He also won several divisional and county titles with Kilmaine and Carras underage teams.

"Darragh was a winner, a leader, expecting the high standards of all those around him, that he delivered himself.

“Kilmaine GAA wishes to extend its sympathies to his parents Margaret and Tom, his brothers, Cathal, Adrian, David and Gerard and all of his extended family and friends.”

Bart Cummings, horse trainer

I sat behind him in mass in St Josephs, Edgecliff Christmas day in '09. A lovely man who didn’t mind stopping for a chat outside. Far too suave to be handing out tips to a North Monaghan roaster, mind you.

“Iron Man” Mick Murphy has passed away.

Legend.

1 Like

I had a feeling you or DB would bump this …Not significant…fuck off.

1 Like

She had already been mentioned on this reknowned forum. Significant. Hard to believe no one saw her social media posts and thought, hmmm, we should probably call round to her.

Yeah, sure…

JOGON

1 Like

Spot on. Bottom of the barrel stuff again here from @myboyblue

2 Likes

Not sure if she drowned herself in a barrel mate, it wasn’t mentioned anywhere yet.

Wallander writer Henning Mankell has passed away aged 67.

Gunnar Hansen/ leatherface

1 Like

Shocked to hear that former Spurs goalie Marton Fulop has died aged just 32.

1 Like

Cancer. Very sad news.

I dont recall him ever even playing a game for Spurs. I do remember him playing a handful of times on emergency loan for City alright.

1 Like

That is sad. Fuck the world

Paddy Curtin has passed away following a car accident. A Kerry underage footballer of some note, he got a few run outs for the senior side in the league and Championships of 2012 and 2013. He was working in Guatemala and was involved in a car accident before Christmas. Had heard he was in a bad way and wasn’t expected to pull out due to the severity of the head trauma. He passed away overnight. He was 26 years of age.

Here he is finishing off a goal against Donegal in the 2012 league

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YYpvH7CfBgA

He also got a fine goal in the opening league match of 2012 against Dublin in Croke Park.

Edit: Darran O’Sullivan actually scored that. Curtin set it up though and did play very well in that match from what I recall.