Sim Cards

Hello all,

Heading back home soon for a little over two weeks - the wife wants data (plus a few calls/SMS) for the period, any idea as to what is the best sim card to get?

TIA.

https://switcher.ie/mobiles/networks/tesco-mobile/

Have a gander through that site, she won’t go far wrong

1 Like

For me VF e20 free weekend data/ messages etc( unlimited) plus 20GB and 100 minutes normal time and unlimited texts

1 Like

https://switcher.ie/mobiles/guides/sim-only/compare-sim-only-bill-pay-deals/

1 Like

No contract.

SIM free

I finish up my current job next Wednesday and don’t start the new gig until the following Monday. Was thinking of just getting a pay as you go sim and transfer my mobile number over to it next Wednesday and stick it in an old phone to tide me over the few days.

My question is that when I look at the Sims online it is asking me what number to transfer over. Do I follow up with the provider once I receive it to activate the sim or do they activate them when sending and could cut off my company mobile before Wednesday?

@Copper_pipe will know more about this than anybody else I reckon.

What network are you moving to and from?

1 Like

Vodafone, haven’t decided yet who to get a sim off. Was thinking of An Post.

Work have told me to let them know next Wednesday and they will get onto Vodafone to transfer the number back to me. I assume once this happens I can contact whoever I get the sim off to get it activated. Or is it that simple?

Its actually a piece of piss. Get the sim card either in the post of in a shop or whatever. Once you are ready to switch you just put your old number plus the sim number on the website of the new provider and that’s it. I switched from 3 to Virgin and I didn’t even have to talk to 3. Ideal

Should be as easy as @Julio_Geordio have described but I’m not sure how fast the An Post lads are at porting over numbers.

An Post mobile uses the Vodafone masts so you shouldn’t see any difference in coverage…

1 Like

Just thinking about this before i action it. Would I be as well off enter into a new contract with Vodafone or Three and get a free handset for the sake of a month’s bill and then just get the company phone switched over to my number thus killing the contract or are vodafone or three likely to try and hold me to the length of the contract?

If you’re with Vodafone at the moment there’s a fair chance the phone is tied to Vodafone. So a sim from Three may not work unless its unlocked.

So maybe a Vodafone pre play plan like one below may be the way to go. Vodafone X seems the way to go…

1 Like

Yeah but I am going to have to return the phone to my employer when I finish up. So I will also need a new phone too, three seem to have a good selections of free bill pay phones on their €35 a month plan which would tide me over for a few weeks

You’d be stuck to the contract i’d say. Once you start you’re locked in for the 24 months.

1 Like

Ok, one last query so - what is the best prepay phone I can get for the smallest amount of money? As i will need something in the short term

Move the number and get it for 129

1 Like

@Copper_pipe I am moving from Vodafone but my phone requires an unlock code which they say could take up to 20 days. Any ways around this ?

What phone have you? And what network are you currently with?