Sinclair Armstrong - seriously wtf

Well guys I have no doubt he will be a superstar but wtf was he doing playing on Friday

The strategy for the Academy, which by the way I fully believe in, was that 4 or 5 years down the road we would have quality players coming through, many of whom would provide the backbone of the first team and some, naturally, would head off further afield for big money. Burkey aside, what seems to be happening now is that kids are being fast tracked to the UK to make up for the obvious deficit in income arising from the lack of performance by the first team. How else can you explain putting a 16 year old keeper on the home and international stage and throwing a 15 year old to the wolves last night? It would also be interesting to know where the bonus incentives lie for the management team. If theyā€™re geared towards the transfer of Academy players then weā€™re no more than a nursery club. If theyā€™re geared towards success on the pitch thats a different story. Putting a 16 year old keeper on the European stage and throwing a 15 year old upfront would make me question where weā€™re goung as a club.

4 Likes

I find myself nodding in agreement with that.

1 Like

Spot on there.

1 Like

Very hard to disagree with the OP here.

1 Like

[quote=ā€œThe_Selfish_Giant, post:1, topic:26663ā€]
Burkey aside, what seems to be happening now is that kids are being fast tracked to the UK to make up for the obvious deficit in income arising from the lack of performance by the first team. [/quote]

Bought and sold for british gold mate. Until we get over our fixation with british football and develop our own culture, we will always be a once every now and then tournament qualifier (unless UEFA and FIFA make it easier) but sure the craic will be mighty all the same.

2 Likes

Someone had to say it.

1 Like

Iā€™ve said this time and again. I do not understand why (other than laziness, stupidity, incompetence, that kind of thing) the FAI has not built bridges for Irish clubs with those on the continent. Every Irish player that goes to England is an opportunity to develop a footballer gone. The english canā€™t even get english players to play for their clubs, what hope is there of young Irish players even getting a chance to play the prehistoric kick and rush shite there.
The whole sensibility is to become a poorly executed version of england instead of having some ambition and developing actual footballers who actually play football and are encouraged to, instead of the shite weā€™re currently being served up.

Sorry for not giving that a like originally, rectified there now @Little_Lord_Fauntleroy

1 Like

Been saying it for years and anyone with half a brain knows that this is the case. Maybe with England seemingly getting their act together underage, their own culture might develop beyond ā€˜run and tackleā€™ and any of ours that get sent over might develop as weā€™d like but itā€™s doubtful.

We have our disagreements from time to time but one thing Iā€™ve always admired about @Little_Lord_Fauntleroy is heā€™s never afraid to tell it like it is. :clap:

I gather this lad is some class of soccer football player and not a saxaphonist from the '50s.

2 Likes

Iā€™d very much doubt it.

@Little_Lord_Fauntleroy 's integrity has never been in question.

Fair enough in 5 years , when Sinclair is 20, send him over with a fee but all we are trying to do is sell all out stars before they develop

I think the point of the academy is that they donā€™t need to go over till they are older, yet wtf is Sinclair playing on Friday

How easily do players/clubs/parents et al get blinded by the lights though, when the english clubs come a knocking. Difficult for any club in Ireland to state a case for holding on when it all happens Iā€™d imagine.

The pull of finishing your education and staying at home until your 18 is all we have

Itā€™s getting to the point now though where more lads make it from the LOI than make it from academies over there

1 Like

i actually know the guy who said this -

BTW i agree with every point youā€™re making there mate
Super keeper, Gilchrist, Dan Carr, god damn Tomer, Kavanagh, JOB put a huge hole in this seasonā€™s books- clarkeā€™s injury also as he was basically planned to go to Soton
the europa league defeat was massive, an extra 260k at times can keep a place afloatā€¦

1 Like

Scored today for Ireland

3 Likes