Site Performance

Sorry was just uploading a new version of software and it probably caused a few problems while it was updating. Should be fine now.

For some reason this is the only thread on the forum that I can access, every other one is telling me database is down

What a thread though MBB!

Is it fixed now? Think it should be sorted.

It is symptomatic of the quality you can expect in here alright.

Its working now.

How come I cannot edit articles in the wiki…It keeps telling me there is a database error…

the rock mentioned something about people who have previously won Idiot of the month having reduced priviliges than regular members

maybe thats it?

[quote=“north county corncrake”]the rock mentioned something about people who have previously won Idiot of the month having reduced priviliges than regular members

maybe thats it?[/quote]

Sigh:rolleyes:…I might as well be talking to the wall…actually the wall would make more sense than you ncc

Only seeing that now Puke - that still the case?

I honestly don’t know…i will check in a minute…presume it is motoring again as pages were editted yesterday or the day before

Hey rocko can you explain to me why everytime I am on logged on here and i check my college e mail I end up beimg logged out of here and have to log back in…

Nope haven’t a clue Pukey. Is it because you’re logging out of your college mail and therefore deleting all your cookies so when you come back here it doesn’t remember you were logged in? That’s just a guess though.

Edit:

spot on the money rocko…despite your comment about wishing harm on a soccer player you are still my fucking hero rock…

Couple of minor issues today I believe.

Christ lads ye were back before I was.

Yeah minor issues today. Just wanted to see how much we’d be missed.

What the fuck happened? The site went from suspended then to disabled. Was it something to do with the cpu?

I believe it was an issue with the GUI, Flano.

:smiley:

I was just thinking the suspension of the site may have been because of the CPU error messages that were appearing on a regular basis. Or some flaw in the site code that left bluehost vulnerable to attack.

My Amiga here is having a little difficult with some of the high resolution graphics on here but the speed is quite acceptable, I expanded with an extra half a meg of RAM there recently and have a full meg now.

Lads, there’s been a fuck load of problems here since the wiki was added - is that eating up space with the host?

Look at you all serious!

It’s a good point though Mac. Wiki does cause performance problems but it 100% wasn’t responsible for today’s outage because I’ve been monitoring what it’s using in terms of performance. However I’ve disabled it for the time being while we rebuild relationships and in case the Pat Dolan saga continued over there unpoliced.