Six Nations 2009

As we are only a few weeks away from the start of this nobe competition I think we might as well start a thread and get the build up going…

A tough start against the french in Croke Park will pretty much define how we do it it, win and we could well end up winning the competition or even doing the grand slam, lose and it could well be a long 6 nations…IMO there is nothing really between the 6 teams, scotland and italy are the poorer relations but are capable of a good performance or two…As for the other four it will come down to momentum, although I think England are in a transition period and will struggle to win away from home, Frnace are still building and are a young side while the Welsh are the defending cahmpions and if they all their top guns on the pitcgh they will take beating…

As for Ireland, it is hard to know, here are our fixtures:
7th feb France (h)
15th feb Italy (a)
28th feb England (h)
14th march Scotland (a)
21st march Wales (a)

My irish 22:
15 Kearney
14 Bowe
13 Earls
12 O Driscoll
11 Fitzgerald
10 O Gara
9 O Leary
8 Leamy
7 Wallace
6 Ferris
5 O Connell
4 O Callaghan
3 Hayes
2 Flannery/Best
1 Horan

16 Best/Flannery
17 Ross
18 Ryan
19 Quinlan
20 Reddan
21 Humphreys
22 Cave

Does anyone know if Ireland have any A internationals over the spring, hopefully we do as it would allow a few more of the younger lads to develop:
My Ireland A selection:
15 Hurley
14 Carr
13 D’Arcy
12 Paddy Wallace
11 Dowling
10 Keatley
9 Murphy
8 Heaslip
7 O Brien
6 Muldoon
5 Cullen
4 Caldwell
3 Ryan
2 Jackman
1 Healy

16 Fogarty
17 Buckley
18 McCullough
19 Ronan/Pollock
20 Stringer
21 Sexton
22 Horgan

you mean 4 nations?

Probably the same as the number of teams playing in the LOI this year. Wahup outta that!

No if I meant 4 nations then I would have stated four nations ncc…and if you had read through the post yiu would have seen the 6 teams that I named:rolleyes:

Never underestimate the ignorance of ncc

My Irish XV:

1. Kearney.
  2. Bowe.
  3. Cave.
  4. O’Driscoll.
  5. Murphy.
  6. O’Gara.
  7. O’Leary
  8. Heaslip.
  9. Wallace.
  10. Ferris.
  11. O’Connell.
  12. Caldwell.
  13. Hayes.
  14. Best.
  15. Horan.

[quote=“The Puke”]No if I meant 4 nations then I would have stated four nations ncc…and if you had read through the post yiu would have seen the 6 teams that I named:rolleyes:

Never underestimate the ignorance of ncc[/quote]

6 teams but youre having a laugh if you think the scottish & the welsh who are proud brits are actually nations- they are regions of england

Np they are part of the Great Britain and in sports such as rugby union and soccer they are classed as countries…

lets stick to the reality of the situation - they are regions not nations

I’ll have to agree with ncc here, they are all proud brits and are merely regions …

What the fuck is Northern Ireland so?

Its a region of Ireland…

The people of Scotland and Wales believe they are countries, so thats enough for me.

The way Danny Cave is playing right now I’d have him ahead of Fitzgerald. Paddy Wallace as well, deserves a place on the bench.

Half of the Munster lads won’t play anywhere as near as well as they do for their provinces, and we’ll end up behind the French and Welsh. We will hammer the English though, so everything will be fine. :stuck_out_tongue:

i dont recognise your partiosinist terminology

they are proud brits - that is enough for me to call it as it is

So your saying that all Scots are proud British. Weird for a Celtic supporter to say that.
I’ve no doubt that there are many proud Brits in Scotland and Wales, but they all still come from a country within Britain, ifor one have never met a Scotor a Welsh man that has said “I’m Bitish” as opposed to “I’m Scotish” or “I’m Welsh”.

But by your assumptions then everyone in the 6 counties is British. Doesn’t that conadict your beliefs a bit NCC??? Because by International Law (weather we like it or not) Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales are countries within Great Britain

[quote=“caoimhaoin”]So your saying that all Scots are proud British. Weird for a Celtic supporter to say that.
I’ve no doubt that there are many proud Brits in Scotland and Wales, but they all still come from a country within Britain, ifor one have never met a Scotor a Welsh man that has said “I’m Bitish” as opposed to “I’m Scotish” or “I’m Welsh”.

But by your assumptions then everyone in the 6 counties is British. Doesn’t that conadict your beliefs a bit NCC??? Because by International Law (weather we like it or not) Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales are countries within Great Britain[/quote]

Celtic should their true colours with the poppy fiasco!!

[quote=“caoimhaoin”]So your saying that all Scots are proud British. Weird for a Celtic supporter to say that.

But by your assumptions then everyone in the 6 counties is British. Doesn’t that conadict your beliefs a bit NCC??? Because by International Law (weather we like it or not) Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales are countries within Great Britain[/quote]

N Ireland isnt part of britain - even the brits admit that- its a colony illegally set up
the voting patterns of the scots & welsh 7 the lack of rebellions show they are brits

as a celtic fan i know how british a lot of scots truely are-
most of the Celtic fans I know would consider themselves Irsih

kev, don’t get mixed up in ncc logic

it’s like the chewbacca defence in south park: it does not make sense !

[quote=“artfoley”]kev, don’t get mixed up in ncc logic

it’s like the chewbacca defence in south park: it does not make sense ![/quote]

ill set MGG on you