Six Nations 2019

Maybe - but we used to at the bottom at the pile of shit and now we’re mostly at the top. That’s progress.

Murray needs a pick me up.

Not if the rest came down to meet us. France are a dirge, England are a rabble, Scotland are much the same. That leave the best coach in the World and Wales.

Thanks for explaining that hyperbole is “over the top” mate

He needs a kick in the box.

There’s no need to get so pissy, mate.

I certainly wouldn’t be discounting South Africa beating New Zealand in their pool meeting. In fact, its a distinct possibility. Whatever way that materialises, Ireland were always faced with an horrific draw for the quarter final against one of the two traditional super powers of world rugby.

Ireland have a lot of advantages other teams dont have in the 6 nations as they are well rested coming into it and have had more time together in training camp. This is always nullified when it comes to the world cup and I would be hopeful the current demise keeps up or even accelerates by the time the RWC comes around.

2 Likes

That’s not really true.

Ireland didn’t give a hoot about the six nations. The one big worry is Rory best though. Niall scannell can be very good but is injury prone. Leavy and toner are massive losses to our kicking game which hasn’t been mentioned before. It took cian Healy 6 months to come back to form when he’d a similar injury to Murray. All in all anybody watching ireland and thinking they were trying a leg this six nations is sadly mistaken. They didn’t show a single hand all tournament which will be a bonus come the world cup. 36 players used which is good too. Kilcoyne another find. Larmour overtaking Kearney would be huge but possibly Joey is the man at 15. Henshaw a huge loss too twice the player of bundee. In terms of bolters for the world cup I doubt we’ll have many.

1 Like

Coach schidmt comments " I didn’t get much credit for winning the six nations in 2015 and being knocked out of the world cup at quarter finals" were all I needed to hear.

1 Like

One mistake the irfu did make was not offering zebo the money and assuming larmour would kick on. It worked with donnacha ryan/James ryan but hasn’t worked here. That could cost us.

Scott Penny had some tournament for the U20’s.

Toner is a huge loss. If he’s not playing we look awful.
There’s words I never thought I’d type.

I’m led to believe if he’d any chance he’d already be singled out which he hasn’t. Leavy and jvdf are two best opensides.

He’s a massive loss. Lads don’t really get how effective he is and believe me I hated him at the start but he’s pretty essential to the plan.

Jesus they are ancient really. Half the team from the weekend are pushing 30 or above this year.

Impossible to foresee. You couldn’t blame the coach for that.

2 Likes

Jeez mate, you really feel let down by him, don’t you. He’s burned you badly.

1 Like

Keeping time with a closed fist much akin to the dart-like motion a snooker player employs with his cueing hand when using the rest, I’d ask you all, the #TeamOfUs, to stand up straight, stick out your chest and in a punchy, upbeat tempo, heavy on staccato, join me in a verse of

STAND UP AND FIGHT UN-TIL YOU HEAR THE BELL
STAND TOE TO TOE
TRADE BLOW FOR BLOW
KEEEEEP ON PUNCHING TIL YOU HEAR THAT BELL
THAT FINAL BELL
STAND UP AND FIGHT LIKE HELL

COME ON LIMERICK ALWAYS

3 Likes