Six Nations 2019

And it really affects their ability to push .

I’m pushing 30 or above at the moment and I can’t push like I used to anyways.

Schmidt should have used the 6N like Fr. Trendy has with Galway in the league.

1 Like

Well that’s not in anyway true now mate is it?

Munster, Munster, Munster

Jesus there’s no country that cares about the 6N quite like Ireland.

No no no. We are all one.

Arrre-lind
Arrre-lind
Arrre-lind

Coach Schmidt used 36 players over the five matches. Invaluable match time for fringe players.

Minge players you mean.

1 Like

No not really. It’s the “best coach in the world” brigade that are at a loss, grasping at straws.

Well he clearly is one of the best coaches in the world but rubby men like @Little_Lord_Fauntleroy know this is a small pool of people. 3 championship wins in 6 years for the record wooden spoon holders is a great return.

Stop misquoting. You can keep saying it all you like. He is one of the best coaches in the world. Two very different things.

The one key disadvantage Ireland had at the last World Cup which they don’t have this time is a clash against a key rival in their final pool game, though Samoa will be no gimme.

However, if Ireland win the pool and face the expected clash against South Africa, South Africa will have had a 12 day rest after their final pool game against Canada, whereas Ireland will have only had 8 days’ rest. South Africa have a particularly good run of the fixture schedule so would have a slight advantage in terms of pacing themselves over Ireland.

England facing France in their final pool game is why I wouldn’t be backing England to do well in the World Cup - teams which which face a big rival on the final pool weekend tend to be depleted for the quarter-final. Though at this stage, how much of an actual rival France will be is a bit of a moot point.

Oh I’d say it’s very much the case. They totally abandoned the game plan that had them as the number one team in the world in 2018. Although the missing leavy and toner were crucial to that plan. As schidmt says it’s all about the world cup. This six nations is like limericks loss to Clare. A bit of a reality check, keep the media quite and refocus the minds.

1 Like

I didn’t misquote anyone. The Irish rugby media regularly call Schmidt “the best coach in the world”. He gets fawning treatment. It’s the typical exaggerated shite the rugby hacks go on with. Their not content to say a player is good, or potentially good, they keep calling them all “world class”. That’s another one actually.

Dan Leavy has 6 starts for Ireland in his career, 2 of them were against Japan and Italy. I think you may be overstating his impact a little.

1 Like

Is there really any difference between an 8 day rest and a 12 day rest in sport? Both are a decent break

The reality is Sexton and Murray didn’t fire and their game plan has been figured out. It’s that simple really, nothing to do with throwing the six nations FFS. :joy:

Ya that’s true it’s pretty similar to you overrating every single player that picked up a Hurley from caherdavin :joy: fellas tend to look after their own. It’s a very natural trait.

Well to be fair they are all World Class because there’s only about 8 teams in the World that are in anyway decent so to get into any of those teams would make you “World Class”

1 Like

This. And I think the fact that Schmidt is gone after the world cup may be having some impact. Leavy, Henshaw and Toner returning will help but obviously other players will get injured so depends who that is.