Six Nations Rugby 2018

I-Dont-Think-So

A huge amount of effort put into that post, but still no attempt to come back on what was being debated.

Classic Dimmy.

Youā€™re out of your depth here, mate. Iā€™m not really sure why youā€™re still bothering to post banalities.

Great post Tim.

One of their proudest traditions apparently of the soccer crowd is how they all go to thw pub to watch the games šŸ¤·

1 Like

Youā€™ve just been claiming people in pubs as part of your rugby viewership, mate.

I donā€™t think you quite get the irony.

I-Dont-Think-So

1 Like

Somebody please pull @iron_mike in off the dancefloor. This is getting totes awkey for everybody.

I-Dont-Think-So

1 Like

This is not true though. As pointed out to you, people take different meaning from average versus peak audience. The soccer got a higher average audience in 2016 certainly, but the rugby peaked. The argument about the parades was given to you, but you ignored it without actually dealing with it.

You also ignored the 6 Counties ratings, which is very odd for a 32 County Republican.

Disappointing to see Franno bringing politics into sport with that 800 years nonsense. What would great rugby men past and present like Major Robert Stevenson, former IRFU president and leader of the South Tyrone UVF paramilitary during the Home Rule crisis, make of that I wonder? The sporting achievement stands on its own without bringing in that rubbish.

1 Like

Itā€™s unreal mate, they do it every weekend donā€™t ya know. Whilst rugby can get some crowds to their professional games they sink larger, watch British soccer teams and curse the Queen.

As Jim Nantz would say, itā€™s a tradition unlike any other.

1 Like

Eh i didnt claim it was a proud tradition of the sport in this country. That was you. Embarrasing.

1 Like

What I have pointed out is most certainly true.

Average viewership for France v Eire 2016 was 1.26 million.

Average viewership for the England v Ireland rugby match was 951,000.

Thatā€™s a difference of 275,000.

http://www.rte.ie/about/en/press-office/press-releases/2016/0627/798523-1-26-million-viewers-tune-in-as-theroi-incredi/

That doesnā€™t include:
i) the greater number of people who watched the association football on the respective Player websites.
ii) The greater number of people who watched the association football in pubs.
iii) The no doubt considerably greater number of people who watched the association football in the six counties.

What Iā€™ve written here is a factual and comprehensive demolition of your argument to which there is no comeback.

All the deflection and bluster in the world wonā€™t change that.

1 Like

Its their tradition innit

Youā€™re the only one who claimed it was ā€œa proud traditionā€. I didnā€™t do that at all.

I stated the fact that there is a long standing culture of people gathering in pubs all across the island to watch the Eire team play major finals matches. There is.

Why are you claiming itā€™s a proud tradition? Are you an alcoholic who believes that because you drink, therefore you are?

Thatā€™s the only conclusion one can come to.

Itā€™s been very instructive to see Dimmy trying to leap in and bail you out in a sort of tag team of slow learners.

Beeep beeeeeep beeeeeeep backtrack

Given how many devastating headshots Iā€™ve inflicted on you tonight, Iā€™m amazed youā€™re still able to post, even if itā€™s at an obviously low level.

Thatā€™s clear evidence that you donā€™t have a brain of any considerable size.

I particularly liked the post earlier where you were keeping track of my typing, by the way.

Itā€™s delicious to know Iā€™ve got inside your head to such an extent.

I suppose there isnā€™t a lot of matter in there to begin with, so thereā€™s plenty of room for me to make myself at home.

3 Likes

Sid bangs out another two hundred word riposte because hes seething. Hes been dragged in by this grand slam
Hey sid look over thereā€¦trump

I think youā€™ll find my posts have been concise and utterly devastating, pal.

I prefer to leave the long-winded, irrelevant bluster to Dimmy.

Your posts are short alright, but thatā€™s merely a function of your lack of cognitive ability.