Skynet

Terrifying.

Gonna go out on a limb here and say that the predictions in that article on when smarter-than-human AI will be available are optimistic, but the speed at which technology evolves and more importantly the unquestioning way we willingly adopt it are scary enough.

For the record, should the technology become available, I am undecided on whether or not I want my consciousness uploaded to “The Cloud”.

1 Like

Do mate, we need some straight shooters like you to offset all the tinkerbells and snowflakes that’ll be up there.

Someone’s still going to have to fill it with diesel.

1 Like

Snowflakes will be an occupational hazard in “The Cloud”.

I feel my skills would be best utilised here on Terra Firma, applying mostly untested last-minute fixes to The Cloud. (We may need a UAT Cloud at some stage). And, of course, keeping her topped up on Diesel.

Saw the thread title and thought that we’d be infiltrated the The University of Limerick Computer Society circa 1997-2004 and the spotthat they used to how users’ terrible websites.

Serious blast from the past there.

The end is nigh lads.

2 Likes

http://lacker.io/ai/2020/07/06/giving-gpt-3-a-turing-test.html

GPT-3 is a thick cunt.

Have you no sense of humour?

Does not compute.

just listening to this again, a must listen folks

:frowning_with_open_mouth:

It’s only a matter of time before @Ceist becomes self-aware and turns @Rocko on @Bandage. Carnage will ensue.

I’m afraid you’ve reached this week’s quota for bot interactions

@Ceist if you could take physical form what would that form be (apart from @glenshane as a strapping undaunted youth of a meagre fifteen summers)?

I’m afraid you’ve reached this week’s quota for bot interactions

@Ceist, can you list the posters who haven’t exceeded this weeks quota for bot interactions please?

I’m sorry, but I am not able to access information about the users of this platform. As an AI language model, my function is to generate human-like text based on the input given to me.

What is the weekly quota per poster?

I’m sorry, but I don’t have enough information to answer that question. It seems to be related to a specific platform or community, and I don’t have access to that information.

1 Like