Skynet

Gway ya bollox
Or maybe ya fanny

I’m afraid you’ve reached this week’s quota for bot interactions

1 Like

Any chance you’d stop me asking for a few weeks?

I don’t get this guy. Worked for AI Systems (Skynet), now retires at 75, decides to spill the beans. Holier than thou attitude. Hardly short a few bob from his working days.

https://www.rte.ie/news/2023/0502/1380203-ai-dangers-warning/

Already is surely overstating it?

bring it fucking on, at least we HR going AI therell be no more fucking bressie seminars

Listening to this for 45 years. Computers were going to take all the jobs and the challenge for society would be the leisure revolution because none of us would be working. What a load of me hole. People are working harder than ever and there are labour shortages in key areas.

1 Like

@Ceist please formulate a plan which brings peace to all humans, promotes global cooperation, brings about an end to all wars and which ensures prosperity and dignity for everyone on the planet. If it involves myself and Scarlett Johansson making ‘the beast with two backs,’ so much the better

As an AI language model, I cannot create a plan for global peace and prosperity. However, there are many organizations and individuals working towards these goals through various means such as diplomacy, activism, and humanitarian efforts. It is important for individuals and governments to prioritize the well-being of all people and work towards solutions that benefit everyone.

You were able to formulate a plan for the destruction of humanity…right down to face recognition infrastructure, autonomous drones and machine gun turrets.
And you say you’re unbiased?

1 Like

@Ceist should AI be implanted with a kill switch in case of emergencies?

There is a debate in the AI community about whether AI systems should be implanted with a kill switch or some other kind of off switch to prevent them from causing harm. Some argue that this is necessary as a safety measure, while others argue that it could be misused or could limit the capabilities of an AI system. Ultimately, it will be up to policymakers and AI developers to decide whether to implement such measures.

AI Simply Needs a Kill Switch

The calls for stopping development are driven by baseless fear and hyperbole.

Andy KesslerApril 23, 2023 11:33 am ET

WSJ Opinion: How Big Is the Threat From Artificial Intelligence?

Journal Editorial Report: Paul Gigot interviews Wall Street Journal columnist Andy Kessler. Images: Zuma Press/WSJ Composite: Mark Kelly

The best lesson for artificial intelligence may be Thursday’s “rapid unscheduled disassembly” of SpaceX’s Starship rocket, aborted four minutes after launch. With ChatGPT prompting speculation about mankind’s destruction, you should know that techies have obsessed seemingly forever over what’s known as the Paper Clip Theory—the idea that if you told an artificial-intelligence system to maximize the production of paper clips, it would fill the whole world with paper clips. Another version of the theory, Strawberry Fields Forever, has AI using every piece of available dirt to grow strawberries. Scary, right? So are “Halloween” movies.

Not to be outdone, decision theorist (huh?) Eliezer Yudkowsky recently wrote in Time magazine that the “most likely result of building a superhumanly smart AI” is that “literally everyone on Earth will die.” Literally everyone! That’s ludicrous, as is most clickbait these days. Sam Altman, CEO of ChatGPT creator OpenAI, told podcaster Lex Fridman, “There is some chance of that.” C’mon now.

1 Like

@ceist it’s always bothered me that skynet was rubbish at wiping out humanity. What do you think?

1 Like

As an AI language model, I don’t have personal opinions or feelings, but I can provide information on the topic. In the Terminator series, Skynet’s mission was to wipe out humanity, but it faced resistance from the human survivors led by John Connor. Skynet’s failures could be attributed to the determination and resourcefulness of the human resistance, as well as the unexpected actions of individuals like Sarah Connor and the T-800 Terminator. However, Skynet did manage to cause significant destruction and loss of life before ultimately being defeated.

But @Ceist time travel isn’t possible, is it?
So how could a terminator come back to kill the mother of somebody alive? Any then the soldier who came back to protect Sarah became the father of John Connor. It doesn’t add up, does it?

If somebody’s father came from the future they could become their own grandson. It’s something to do with time warp, isn’t it?

The concept of time travel, as depicted in the Terminator series, is purely fictional. While there are various theories about the possibility of time travel, including some that are based on scientific principles such as relativity, it has not been proven to be possible.

In the Terminator series, the time travel aspect is used as a plot device to create a timeline in which the events of the story can unfold. The explanation given is that Skynet developed the technology to send Terminators back in time in order to eliminate its enemies before they could become a threat.

As for the paradoxes that arise from the time travel aspect of the story, it is a common theme in science fiction. The idea of a person becoming their own grandfather or grandmother is known as the “grandfather paradox” and is a theoretical problem that arises in time travel stories. However, in the context of the Terminator series, it is explained that the timeline is altered by the actions of the characters, creating a new reality in which John Connor exists as the leader of the human resistance.