Small insert stove

Looking to buy an insert stove (4K multi fuel possibly)
V small living room ,any idea how much and what types of flue pipe or hose or whatever it’s called id need , 13 years old house, read that 4K is probably too small for a standard living room but honestly our one is v small,any suggestions gratefully received bar the nominal TFK thumb up the hike generic one, thanks

@iron_mike

1 Like

Tnx

this place in New Ross has one of the better websites that show ranges and prices

https://thestoveshop.ie/product-category/multifuel/henley-stoves/free-standing/

they also have accessories for flexi pipes and outlets etc on the website too.

thats a website to give you the optimum kw output required.

Best thing you could do is find a decent stove shop near you and head in and have a look and talk to someone there. If you are pulling out the existing open fireplace and then putting the stove in its place, you just may need additional collars and connectors and some fire resistant grout to put it in. Same with removing parts of the fireback of the existing fireplace depending on whats there already.

1 Like

Ask about ones with built in fan.

1 Like

Thank you

Thanks didn’t even think of that :ok_hand:

Great advice

Make sure they price the flue the whole way up and they line it with vermiculite.

1 Like

Feck never heard of half of this stuff thanks

https://ryanstoves.ie/

There’s a crowd up @KinvarasPassion way that have a great reputation. Murphys I think.

1 Like

Don’t go near those cunts,I ran the cunt from my house that was putting in a stove in my In laws granny flat.

1 Like

He’s good people, didn’t he sponsor Munster Rugby?

Couldn’t tell you but he employs morons to work for him.They were waiting 6 weeks got the stove,2 donkeys land out one Friday morning with the wrong stove.What time will ye be back says the father in law,not today anyways says donkey No 1.Three weeks later some lad arrived out on a Saturday morning I was away working the same day.I arrived home about 2 and seen the state of my newly plastered wall where he drilled out for the outside flue looked absolutely cat.I thought he hadn’t finished pointing up around it so said nothing as I don’t like people pointing out stuff to me when I haven’t finished a job.2 minutes later he knocked on my door looking for the govner as he wanted to be paid,I said to him about the wall and he fobbed me off with some spiel about the rain and that was the best he could do.l Iost the head with him and told him in no uncertain terms that there was no money till he finished the wall properly. He eventually finished it but it looked like shit and I touched it up myself a few weeks after.I also made him wait for 2 hours after he finished for badness for his money.

4 Likes

I had a similar thread here recently.

https://tfk.thefreekick.com/t/stoves-solid-fuel-gas-that-type-of-thing/33600/6

There’s a couple of terms you need to get up to speed on, like Balanced or Conventional Flue. So have a read about them. If it’s going in an existing fireplace then you’re probably talking Conventional.

I’d be more interested in the efficiency of the stove myself rather than the Kw rating. So have a good look at that.

Three types of controls. Manual, Slide, or Remote.

Then you have the fuel type. So you’re going to need to look at the regulations in your area. Not only what you can burn now, but the changes that are coming and what you can burn in the near future. Solid fuel is on the way out, rapid.

So once you make the above decisions you’ll find that the choice is limited. By that I mean it will be more or less made for you. Just pick a colour.

Found this brochure very informative.

https://brochures.stovax.com/brochures/pdf/gazco-logic-fires.pdf

Start with the technical stuff explained on page 44.

1 Like

Apparently if the chimney is in a dividing wall with the neighbours you don’t need vermiculite, if the chimney is on the gable side then you do, it’s something to do with condensation

3 Likes
2 Likes

Enough said so and thanks I’ve had my fill of messy workers this last week or so, can’t understand it how some pricks just don’t get it , when working in someone’s home treat it with respect and cover up and clean up

Thanks boy it’ll be conventional, multi fuel, 13 yrs old semi detached, and yes our free are back to back