❄️ Snowflakes Thread (whigger warning)

A Brexit wet dream… Winning the euros

Scroll up

Leo would be happy

While seen as mane in not giving away too many easy goals, their back 4 are very susceptible to poachers. Should still mount a good challenge

Some terrible puns, Lion-el

Wait until the PC brigade get their claws into this one.

FFS

“At Correos, we believe a person’s value shouldn’t have any colour, which is why we’re launching Equality Stamps, a collection of stamps in which the darker the colour of the stamp, the less its value,” [the service said in a tweet]. “That’s a reflection of a painful and unfair reality that shouldn’t exist.”

This is the important paragraph in the article, but unfortunately for Correos, buying stamps is rarely such an intellectual exercise for people.

Byyyyeeeee

On the way into the venue two young women are helping each other with their wrist bands. “You forget how to do it,” says Sarah McNamee.

“All we do is go to gigs normally,” says her friend Saoirse Raleigh, who bonded with her originally over gig-going. “I honestly cried on the Luas on the way in…

1 Like

if everybody upped sticks and left twitter, the world would instantly be a better place

8 Likes

Irish writer Stefanie Preissner, best known as the creator of comedy-drama Can’t Cope, Won’t Cope, has suggested that Father’s Day should be renamed ‘Father Figure’s Day’.

With Sunday marking Father’s Day in Ireland this year, there have been some suggestion that the day needs a rebrand.

Columnist and screenwriter Stefanie told Newstalk Breakfast it was not about getting rid of Father’s Day altogether.

“I don’t want to get rid of Father’s Day - I want to just expand it a bit,” she said. “It’s still Father’s Day, but we just put the word ‘Figures’ in there so those of us who don’t have dads can get involved.

“I think Mother Figure’s Day is also something that needs to be [considered]. I just think the world could be a little more inclusive."

“I’m not here to take Father’s Day away from anyone - I think it’s really, really fabulous. Showing gratitude to people who love you and do things for you is always lovely."

She also explained that once she had to make a Father’s Day card in school “for a father that didn’t exist”.

She said: "There are plenty of times I’ve gotten my needs met elsewhere - whether it’s from a friend’s dad who I went to for advice, or my uncle when I was growing up.

“It’s kind of weird on Father’s Day to acknowledge someone who isn’t actually your dad. If that was normalised, there are plenty of people I’d love to give cards to if it was Father Figure’s Day.

“I did see a card once that said ‘you’re like a father to me’… but the cart can’t come before the horse.”

When will this shit peak and let things go back to normal

3 Likes

Stefanie has peaked her nose back out after trying to shame can drinkers on south William st

3 Likes

Rename both days to “Personwho had an impact in my upbringing in a positive and understanding way Day”

Well all mark that glorious occasion with FOAD day

5 Likes

She was on newstalk this morning. I nearly made shit of the radio

2 Likes

Not a good thing to do when you’re on the road

1 Like

I had to pull in to the circle k on the n7 for a coffee just to calm me down

1 Like