So, who's striking today? Which Side are You On

maybe so but im still willing to give runt the benefit of the doubt for the moment

Christ lads it’s only money.

I was let go and then had to take a pay cut in my next job. I have a lot of mates who can’t get a job and are on the dole.

Therefore I have no sympathy for the public sector. Fintan O’Toole said on Q&A that the gap in Ireland is not between the public and private ector but the rich and poor.

True but there is a clear distinction between public and private as one sector’s jobs are guaranteed and the others are about as guaranteed as getting all those hundred million loans back from the Anglo lads.

I change my mind.

Now I think it was Farmer.

[quote=“farmerinthecity”]Christ lads it’s only money.

I was let go and then had to take a pay cut in my next job. I have a lot of mates who can’t get a job and are on the dole.

Therefore I have no sympathy for the public sector. Fintan O’Toole said on Q&A that the gap in Ireland is not between the public and private ector but the rich and poor.

True but there is a clear distinction between public and private as one sector’s jobs are guaranteed and the others are about as guaranteed as getting all those hundred million loans back from the Anglo lads.[/quote]

thats not true though
not all the public sector jobs are guaranteed- civil servants are safe but the wider public sector is not safe.
havent some special needs teachers already been let go?
not all jobs in the HSE are safe either

Sound HBV, I pretty sure it was Carters fault, with Bandage as his gofer.

Apparently they all just went on the piss for the day. Quelle surprise

I passed around 5 Govt Buildings yesterday in the course of my work and there was pickets on them all, and not just 2 or 3 fellas either. They were getting a surprising amount of support from passing drivers too. Guess its easy tos it on a horn, any protest these days is a protest against the cunts that put this county in the place it is.

Pay freeze is as good as a raise these days

Did I hear something about some union striking again over lunchtime today? Does this mean they’ll take their lunchbreak in the afternoon then?

I heard something about this, they were, wait for it, refusing to do work over their lunchtime.

Fooking hell.

Sure most of the coonts refuse to even work during working hours. The whole lotof them should be cleared out and replaced with cloned genetically modified sheep, but unfortunately they can’t be sacked regardless of how lazy and incompetent they ar(t).

Was walking around Kildare Street and Dawson Street area at lunch time today and the area was full of strikers.

All they had on their plackards was ‘punish the bankers - not the ordinary man’.

Would ye ever fuck off!

IMPACT narrowly failed to get the 2/3rds majority they required to strike next week.
Is the penney finally beginning to drop?

i must say im heartened by this.

Although saying that, the highly paid union leader cronies are meeting tomorrow, its likely they will either,

1. strike anyway.
  2. change the 2/3rds majority to suit themselves.

anyway its a good start and a shimmer of hope.

what’s the lastest news on the strikes planned for monday? personally i would be embarrased to go on strike, anyone who has a job should be grateful & get on with it. I know the government hasnt shown much leadership and fucked up big time in areas but i dont think half the country going on strike will help anything.

[quote=“HBV*”]IMPACT narrowly failed to get the 2/3rds majority they required to strike next week.
Is the penney finally beginning to drop?

i must say im heartened by this.

Although saying that, the highly paid union leader cronies are meeting tomorrow, its likely they will either,

1. strike anyway.
  2. change the 2/3rds majority to suit themselves.

anyway its a good start and a shimmer of hope.[/quote]

Heartened? 65% of the cunts still voted yes ffs! Shame on them all.

the turnout was 50-60% meaning that only about 40% of IMPACT members voted for action.
shame on the cunts all the same

[quote=“HBV*”]the turnout was 50-60% meaning that only about 40% of IMPACT members voted for action.
shame on the cunts all the same[/quote]

Thats even worse, the other cunts couldnt even be bothered putting this fucking shower of layabouts into line.

I don’t think the unions had any option other than to recommend strike action or they’d lose their whole raison d’etre.

They had an agreement which the government and employers reneged on* and then they were in further talks that collapsed and the government deployed their desired solution anyway and have said there’s more to come. Unions cannot be seen to lie down to employers and the government and have to maintain a credible voice in the process. Otherwise you give them the 1% and the 3% and then they just come looking for more.

• It’s not that the levy and wage freezes and everything else aren’t necessary and aren’t fair - though they could have been fairer. It’s more that if there’s no consultation and if the will of the employers is imposd on the unions then the unions obviously have to strike. It’s setting down a marker for the next round of negotiations as much as anything.

And now that there are talks scheduled for this weekend it looks like the unions got the best result for the country. The threat of strike action has brought about these discussions and brought partnership back to the table. Without the strike threat this wouldn’t have happened and the unions would have had no voice. To expect them to just accept that is naive.

We’ll see how this one plays out Rocko, I think there’s fuck all the Unions can do, that is in this day and age they’re completely neutered and only have their own self interests at heart (ie the head boys own pay checks, as opposed to the ordinary worker).

Strike action has definitely not been averted though, only postponed until after this weekends talks. Its good to see them all back at the table, but whats to be got out of it, time will tell.

[quote=“myboyblue”]We’ll see how this one plays out Rocko, I think there’s fuck all the Unions can do, that is in this day and age they’re completely neutered and only have their own self interests at heart (ie the head boys own pay checks, as opposed to the ordinary worker).

Strike action has definitely not been averted though, only postponed until after this weekends talks. Its good to see them all back at the table, but whats to be got out of it, time will tell.[/quote]

Yeah the unions are certainly less relevant these days than they were which is why I’m not surprised to see them fighting their corner so aggressively.

Either way an imposed solution without union participation was a recipe for disaster. The unions needed to make themselves relevant again and they achieved that. Whether the talks go well is another matter but at least they’ve got to that stage.