Social Networking Sites

I’ve noticed an increasing amount of posts like the below on LinkedIn lately. Pathetic gimps with no self-respect grovelling and thanking the company who told them to fuck off in the interview process. There’s probably the ulterior motive of hoping their posts go “viral” - some of them have thousands of likes and comments - and for some equally sad sack to go “Oh look at how respectfully and professionally this person dealt with rejection. He’s vowed to learn lessons from the process and I actually think he may be an ideal candidate to work with our company.” It’s just totally ridiculous.

[quote]I had an interview with Network Rail earlier last week, the interview was professional, friendly and the atmosphere was great! Unfortunately, I wasn’t the best candidate but that’s beside the point.

At the end the recruiting manager told me they will get back to me later that week and I got the response back on Thursday, a couple of days later followed by a call by a talent manager to explain to me why they didn’t chose me.

She took that 8 minutes of her time just to let me know that I did a good job, highlighted some areas I should focus more on and she encouraged me to apply for other roles.

Well somebody was better but still I feel great about the whole process. Well done Network Rail![/quote]

1 Like

Thanks for taking 8 minutes out of your day to bring this to our attention.

8 Likes

Show me a reject and I’ll show you a reject.

You really check LinkedIn a lot and pay attention to the shite posted on there, even going so far as to read it. Are you a gimp?

2 Likes

Saw this just now also, fucking pathetic

Informative rating :thinking:

this is fecking hilarious

2 Likes

Oooft.
@Tassotti takes out half of TFK with one link.

2 Likes

Happy International Women’s day guys. I wanted to say that to show that I know its International womens day

4 Likes

Murder suicide

People crying on Facebook about a piece of rock falling into the sea in Malta.

It’s coastal erosion FFS sake

You couldn’t make it up

Am I missing something about why it was so well known? It was a fairly average looking arch. You’d see better in Ballybunion.

A much nicer arch.

1 Like

Costal erosion feature destroyed by coastal erosion.

6 Likes

Brings me back to learning about ox bow lakes during leaving cert geography.

I remember very little of what I learned in school, but I reckon I could still spoof my way through the geography leaving cert exam.

It was ridiculously easy. A short set of notes borrowed from the Institute learned off and fill in with appropriate waffle and Roberts your fathers brother.

The great Joe McGrath (father of Clare hurler, Conor) of Toomevara taught me geography in school.

Joe’s powerful Tipperary accent was well suited to describing such things as karst (kaaaarsht), “alloooovium” & ox-bow lakes*

• ox-bow lakes sounds the same in all accents, in fairness.
1 Like