Social Networking Sites

This is a very good and very funny article

I’m not arsed reading that. Is there a meme or .gif version anywhere?

5 Likes

He’s basically saying the smart guys gave up facebook long ago and the idiots will find a way to justify staying a slave to it.

Are you on the book?

Snapface?

You need to up your tweet game too. Very dull lately. Not enough ballhops.

I’m done hopping my balls bro.

Self authoring has taught me that there is nothing of value in it.

2 Likes

Give me a shout if you need back up for any twitter spat.

Rest assured you have my unequivocal support.

1 Like

Isn’t it interesting how TG4 have managed to show two live games every Sunday since you called them out on it?

It’s great knowing my e-chums have my back like this.

I think they showed two live games in the late and knock out rounds in previous seasons, and presume they cite darkness/light issues for only showing one live game starting at 2pm in February and into mid March. But there’s no excuse for not pushing to show live games at 1pm and 2.45pm or something in those early rounds though.

They’re actually snubbing Wexford-Kilkenny to show Cavan-Roscommon live on TV on Sunday, when not many people (even in the competing counties) are too pushed about the lower division finals once promotion is secured.

The hurling was originally fixed for Saturday afternoon and I’m not sure why it was changed. Unless one of the counties put a stop to it, surely TG4 would have preferred to show the two hurling semi-finals back to back on Saturday.

3 Likes

Is the Wexford game on any channel on Sunday?

Hello Mac … It’s being shown live on TG4 Youtube channel … or if you can wait, deferred coverage will be on TG4 proper …

I believe forumite @Robert_Emmet recently suggested to TG4 that they should be showing a second live game via web sources — glad to see this has been taken on board

cc @Bandage @TreatyStones

2 Likes

Well done Robert.

This is an idea that was first used 10 years ago when RTE sometimes showed live matches exclusively via the world wide web as they sought to up their game when TV3 first gained rights, but its use by them has declined over the years as they became progressively more lazy about their coverage.

Wexford’s comeback victory over Meath in the 2008 Leinster football championship was one such broadcast.

1 Like

It’s bizarre that it’s not used more…

Did Timmy the basketball chap do a few hurling games on this platform around this time? I’ve an unreliable memory of him doing some Waterford hurling game.

The 2006 Munster football final replay was also one I believe. I suspect that predates TV3 getting games. I reckon there was someone in there giddy about new technology rather than reacting to an external threat.

He did Donegal v Antrim in the 2009 Ulster football championship anyway, another web only game.

It was a cute move on his part to refer to two basketball teams who I can’t remember the identity of during the 2004 Olympics as “the Tyrone and the Armagh of Olympic basketball” due to their miserly defences, thus positioning himself as a possible future relief GAA commentator.

1 Like

It’s a Limerick GAA and fitness ridicule thread.

I remember the Limerick v Waterford replay in 2009 was also shown exclusively online. Think Limerick’s qualifier with Laois was also shown online that year as well.