Sport Books

Wasn’t at all impressed with T O’Se’s book, I’d say Dalo was the last decent GAA biography I’ve read.

Would be very unusual lately to read GAA autobiographies. Most are a carbon copy of each other. Last decent one I read was Liam Dunne’s. I read Cody’s, that was the biggest load of shit of all time.
Maybe Paul O’Connell’s book might be good, I enjoyed O’Driscoll’s.

Ye are all waiting for McCarrons block buster

I’m actually looking forward to that one alright, expected it in the shops before now.

That ties in with the filth you were searching for on the browser the last day :smile:

2 Likes

Picked this up in Waterstones today, anybody read it?

1 Like

No. But I just want to tell carrycuntface to FOAD before he replys to your post.

Ffs sake mate, this is really cramping my style, a book called Boys will be boys could have inspired an epic put-down, maybe even a gif.
I don’t think he reads books though, busy with the scalextrix.

It’s pretty good alright, Pearlman is a good writer and they were crazy team of characters

Have a read of this if you can get your hands on it

1 Like

Both very enjoyable reads

This is a great book for football fans

A good Roman Catholic

1 Like

Bowden’s other AF book on the 1958 NFL Championship game between the Baltimore Colts and New York Football Giants is great as well. Johnny Unitas, Frank Gifford, Pat Summeral, Tom Landry, Lombardi and Sam Huff just some of the names involved, nearly 20 Hall of Famers iirc.

1 Like

4 Likes

Will you head along to it? I’m sure Dalo will have a couple of self-deprecating tales from their playing days such as Ken meeting him with a shoulder and landing him on his arse and so on. Who’s the ghost writer?

Wouldn’t have much interest in that book but I will buy a copy to put a few quid in Kens pocket

A modest gent and a brilliant hurler

1 Like

Why no interest?

You’d be better off sending him a cheque directly so he gets all the money.

10 Likes

Doubt there will be much in it that I either don’t already know or won’t be included in extracts in the paper over the next few weeks

Not many good GAA autobiographies out there

Liam Hayes the only very good one IMO

That’s a good point