Sport Books

I posted an excerpt from it somewhere on here, it was an excellent appetizer. Let me know what it’s like.

Does himself no favors thats for sure.

picked this up today, great read so far

1 Like

It’d be interesting alright. I read an excerpt in sports illustrated about his time in Atlanta when the coach didn’t fancy him and his first pass was intercepted for a TD.
I’m not gone on Pearlman as a writer though, I’ve read 4 of his books and only really enjoyed the Mets one. His book on the Cowboys should have been great but it plodded along really.
Saying that I might read this as well if the reviews are good, let us know.

Just read the Miracle of Castel di Sangro. Brilliant read. Funny, happy and sad at different moments throughout

5 Likes

One of my favourite books

There is a story there

Best soccer book I have read

Best football book iv read.

Gonna give this a lash, an interesting premise.

Starting boys will be boys the glory days of the dallas cowboys again

I wasn’t that impressed with it, felt the material could have been made into a more interesting book, Haley and Irvin are brilliant and some of the supporting cast make good reading but it just didn’t do enough for me.
If you like that kind of book and have any interest in baseball ‘The bad guys won’ about the 86 mets is a better read imo, same writer as well.

Very enjoyable book alright. Must be around 15 years old now

“Angels with dirty faces” by Jonathan Wilson is a good read. A history of Argentinian football. As with all of Jonathan Wilson books it’s full of detail and well researched.
His book on BrianClough, is actually probably better book now that I think of it.

A good read - just finished it myself. Tailed off a bit at the end. Narrative seems set by the ex players/coaches the author can get most access to.

These came in the post today, especially looking forward to Shoeless Joe which is the book that Field of Dreams is based on,
Read the miracle when it first came out, I remember it wast excellent but I wasn’t much of a reader back then.

Best football book ever written. I might re read it myself again one of these days

Another bore fest like Cody’s and Shefflins

Might be a bit better. Hes def not as boring as those lads day to day. Unlike most on here i also think Christy O Connor is ok. He did a good job on McCarrons anyway

COC is grand, but he should be ashamed of himself for getting involved with that McCarrron tramp.

2 Likes