Sport Books

Didn’t Senan line out with Sion for a bit @Fagan_ODowd

That was Senan Sutton who was also from Kilmacow

1 Like

I think Senan Cooke did hurl with Dunhill. Reasonably sure but not 100%.

Yes, as Fagan alluded to, I had confused both Senans

https://target.scene7.com/is/image/Target/GUEST_74ec8cb2-738d-4713-a324-63d9d4760450?wid=488&hei=488&fmt=pjpeg

this is excellent

Looking forward to reading this.

2 Likes

I’ll give that a look.

I’ve been reading it on your recommendation, very good so far

Boxing made a difference,soccer couldn’t,GAA wasn’t allowed to( ie hammering bottles into pitches in Derry/ Antrim etc) Charlie Nash/ wee Barry and co briefly brought ppl together,as did rubby but not the working class as not supported at all in the 6 counties in nationalist areas - hopefully it’ll change ,I was supporting Frampton as I looked on him not as a guy from a working class loyalist background but as an Irish sportsperson

2 Likes

The gaa wasn’t allowed too?

The GGA is a deeply sectarian organisation that isn’t welcoming to the unionist community and the new Irish

1 Like

Just bought it there now on amazon.
There’s some amount of books with that name, including Danny mcgrain’s autobiography.

1 Like

Donald McRae was on TV3 yesterday . I never knew he was a Saffer till yesterday . I bought the book today

Buy em all - plenty of bobs👍

Have Alex Ferguson’s autobiography on audible. Easy enough listen but by Christ he is a painful individual. Referring to all the players as boys. Not a bad word to say about the likes of Neville, Giggs and Scholes yet he reads the bollocks off the likes of Beckham for wanting to play for Real Madrid.

His comments on Benitez are utterly classless. Most big European defeats appear to have been due to logistics and hotels as well as opposed to his tactics.

4 Likes

Once a hun always a hun

2 Likes

It was written in 2014 so it is pretty hilarious to hear him waxing lyrically about the likes of Johnny Evans, Tom Cleverly and Phil Jones as the future of united and how they will become top top players

1 Like

Didnt he write a big letter to Rafa after the 2006 Champs league final? Big tactical analysis.

Going to buy this to read on the holiday. I used to play hurling with this lad. He was a fine hurler who got a couple of runs with Dublin.

2 Likes