Sports return dates after Covid 19 shutdowns

It’s definitely one of the my biggest scoops. This and the time I knew benie wouldn’t be declared for the Hattons grace.

1 Like

I remember being rocked to my very core reading about that on here

1st of November. Players will be told mid September whether there’ll be a championship and Will be given six weeks notice before their first game. Sounds to me there’ll be no clubs games this year going on that.

Club championships have to come first, mate.

1 Like

Judging by the reports there will be no club championship. They are giving six weeks notice to start some sort of inter county stuff in November. Under current government guidelines there’s no team sports till the end of June. You would surely need a months of training before you could play games so either they are expecting to run off club championships in six weeks or they are just cancelling the whole lot till 2021.

That’s a nice photo

If they are playing inter county they’ll have to play club first

@Lazarus’s post only mentions county. I’d imagine the club championship will be back sooner

Club will probably start in Auguest giving time from mid july to train. 6 to 8 weeks to run off club championships straight knock out, backdoor in counties with smaller divisions. Will affect duel clubs massively as games will be week on week.

Not ideal because evenings will be getting short as well, so mid week options won’t be great. The floodlight pitches will be getting a lot of use

You could see double headers at weekends MNP and the 2 pitches in UL (4G and new grass one) are floodlights. Gaelic grounds will probably host double headers in evenings for senior games. Junior will be all at weekends.

Chatting to a friend of a friend who’s an inter county player. He’s already been told by his employer to avoid stuff where the infection rate is higher than normal. He doesn’t think he’ll be playing gaa this year or anytime soon.

1 Like

:rofl:

Ballydoyle checking the temperature of all work riders every morning.

That does seem hard to believe

Thank fuck

1 Like

I was reading an article yesterday about the K-League in South Korea restarting and it was saying they were struggling to find TV partners before this, but now they’ve rights sold to 10 countries including Serbia :sweat_smile: If we could get the LOI going soon we could get an international TV rights deal :joy:

4 Likes

Messi vs Ronaldo in the Market’s Field in 2021

And check them when they’ve finished their shift 36 hours later

2 Likes

Eurosport were showing a virtual bike race this afternoon.