Sports return dates after Covid 19 shutdowns

They might get a few pound back at the end of the year for hosting championship matches but nothing worth talking about. There will be a few nervous weeks ahead when the club lotto’s start up again

Croke Park , the provincial councils & county boards will be feeling a big pinch as things stand . Also no concerts in Croker and PUC .

There will still be costs to pay .

Cork are fucked

Cork will be bailed out one way or the other, but they are fair sickened when they have to take direction from Croke Park

1 Like

Huge financial problems

IMFesque

Good share of Lottos are online and still going round my area.

Kids missing a Grade if they don’t get this season running is a major headache for all concerned.

1 Like

I have heard it said that hosting a championship match is near more hassle than it is worth in terms of the few bob that a club gets for it? whether that is true or not I don’t know

You might make a few bob from parking or club lotto (we either do one or the other) but come championship time you’ll invariably have a club match on the same day as you’re hosting which is a problem volunteer-wise

Sure no business affected by Covid is paying their loans so thats not an issue. Banks are extending thia from 3 months to 6 months

Will lads play it again after winning it being on 350 a week?

What about the ones already training?

Same scenario as the managers not getting paid

Grand stretch in the evening

GAA keeping our minors etc busy

Heard a rumour that a senior hurling club in Clare are back in training, 2 grades out behind closed doors

From my reading of it they are giving clubs less than two weeks to do group sessions. Sure that’s only begging lads to break the rules