Sports return dates after Covid 19 shutdowns

Christmas Eve, be some blow out

It’ll be a white Christmas for a lot of lads. Snow or no snow.

Laois are gonna pick a team of 15 Camross fellas to hurl in muck n shite. It’ll be epic.

home games in the wind and sideways rain tunnel in November will soften a few coughs from the easterners

Got a text from that Uber Tipp cunt @Chicken_George that KK we’re back training inside in Kieran’s. Anyone else hear this or is the knuckle dragger making it up?

You are assuming that the virus is dead and gone forever. I hope it is, but it’s a fair leap.
There’s also insurance to consider.

It isn’t. It’s a sad fact that due to the likes of Maria Bailey and, and widespread venal greed, dishonesty and opportunism, nothing can happen in the country without adequate insurance.
It is not a refuge, it is dictum.
It’s wrong, but it’s fact.

I note they were careful with their wording, and have said nothing about whether or when the senior IC championship will be played

1 Like

Must say watching the racing there behind closed doors without the hooray Henry’s braying in the background is actually an improvement

1 Like

The pipped in crowd noise in the Australian Rugby league game on sky sports now, is surprisingly not that annoying at all

1 Like

I find it fierce annoying myself.

I don’t believe it’s a valid excuse for not opening GAA pitches.

On the other stuff while Maria Bailey is undoubtedly a malignant cunt, insurance companies have been making record profits in recent years while premiums continue to rise. Venal greed and dishonesty at play alright but its the insurance companies themselves who are most culpable.

By all accounts they were planning to start it a couple of weeks ago. Two well in the know KK men confirmed it to me. Groups of 4 or 6 in Kierans. The Sindo (I think) got word of it and ran it on their sports section and the sessions were then cancelled.

I know of a junior hurling team. 3rd team in their club who have been training for the last three weeks once a week. Bigger numbers at training than they ever had in pre covid times.

Oh I don’t disagree, but it is a fact. Any GAA club that opens a pitch for any use whatever without insurance throws their existence into the lap of the Gods.
You can, and should argue the wrongs of it, but it is absolutely not a mealy mouthed excuse, and any board who did so would be beyond negligent.

That’s nothing sure limerick are training in an underground bunker under JP’s house since Easter.

2 Likes

They’re going for cold weather training to Belarus shortly

3 Likes

Limerick hurl best in the s̶w̶e̶l̶t̶e̶r̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶h̶e̶a̶t̶ windy damp.

I agree. I’m blaming John Horan and Duck Clerkin for not giving the green light to clubs to open. I’m looking at coaching 2 sets of 10 Hurlers on Monday in a public park. I wont know if there will be space until I get there. There are 3 club pitches within a mile of the park with their gates locked. It’s fucking bullshit.

1 Like

Warm weather training already has started for the Cats

Goal on Heights

4 Likes