Sports return dates after Covid 19 shutdowns

No it’s not

Ok, I’ll bite, why not?

Look up the UN list of countries there

It’s a principality I believe.

A country doesn’t have to be a member of the United Nations you ham

It isnt and hasn’t been since the 1600s

Wales is part of the United Nations. It’s a region of the country of the United Kingdom which is a member state

https://www.nationsonline.org/oneworld/wales.htm

Wales is a nation in it’s own right.

The United Kingdom isnt a country.

The UN and EU disagree

This could be peak TFK :joy:

1 Like

Unions within unions.

Wales is a nation. It has a national assembly. It is part of the united kingdom and governed by them. Like we are part of the EU.

A few here need to learn about “ a state” and a “country “

Wales isn’t a country in Sporcle.com countries of the world quiz. That’s the definitive source.

2 Likes

The uk is the sovereign state. The constituent countries are countries.

1 Like

If we take Scotland as an example of one of the 4 regions of the UK, Scotland voted to stay in the EU. Scotland is not currently in the EU. How is it a country if it doesn’t have the power to decide if it remains in the EU?

We voted against the Lisbon treaty once upon a time

They are part of a union that is part of the eu. Theyd have to leave their union and then be evaluated for European union membership.

They are countries. Scotland has a government. Wales has a national assembly.

Good point. We had the power to reject it as we are a country

And we went again because of EU controls.

Just admit you’re wrong

The UN and wiki does not have Wales as a country

I am not wrong. Ireland has the power to reject stuff like that as we are a country. England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland do not have the power to reject things like that individually as they are not countries. They are part of a country. They are given a budget by the UK government for some unimportant things that they can decide among themselves but they are ruled from London