Sports return dates after Covid 19 shutdowns

The LOI should declare a winner as of today. Start a new season in sept

No one knows nothing. They are making arrangements for all possibilities.

I listened to the interview. That headline is misleading. He was actually quite optimistic about club and later inter county action retuning in 2020 provided that the public health authority could give the go ahead for contact sports. Wasn’t too concerned about the spectators element of things at all, it was the contact involved in the sport. At the very end of the interview SOR asked about it spilling over into 2021 and he said that they were open to that.

Be like the good old days. The 1907 final being played in 1909 etc.

1 Like

The Munster final could be played after the AIF as well

1 Like

There’s no panic. It’s not ideal, but they’ll just have to play whatever cards they are dealt as the year goes on

Be a godsend for the Munster Champions not having the dreaded 5 week lay off before an AI semi-final.

1 Like

I know money talks but they would be as well off just call off the intercounty season - Maybe finish out the leagues at the tail end of the year if needs be.

Tell every county that leagues are gone. They have from mid September to mid December to play out their club championships.

4 Likes

I’d say they are hopeful club will be back before September

Laois sent around an email to Clubs last week. Told them the leagues are dead, and to potentially expect Championship to throw in in July. That would actually mean we would be bringing forward our Championship start dates.

Pie in the sky. They’re just covering bases. Different eventualities in the event of differing outcomes. Strategic planning.

Believe nowt.

1 Like

It’s like a delayed flight announcement. Keep pushing it out slowly to give lads some hope. Not a chance there is GAA this summer.

There’s always a chance. Just dont pin your mental health on it.

Be zen.

This would be the right thing to do.

Start over in 2021.

1 Like

Sport behind closed doors isn’t sport at all.

I wouldn’t be so negative, it can be a real pain in the arse in a 5-a-side when a wayward kick sends the football flying out the door to reception.

1 Like

Lovely to hear from Davy and Paul.

Can’t wait for tennis to start back

3 Likes

Thinly veiled “hold the line”.