Spotify and other music streaming services

I was looking through the T&Cs there. It reads to me that if youā€™re paying for Prime that Amazon music is included for UK residents. Looks like I would have get a separate sub here to use it

I think that it isnā€™t but I could be wrong, I usually am.

The unlimited service might be different again :man_shrugging:t2:

Music

• Amazon Music for Prime Members, provides Prime members with access to 100 million songs ad-free, the largest catalogue of ad-free top podcasts, and thousands of playlists and stations - all included with Prime at no additional cost. For more information, go to What is Amazon Music for Prime Members?.

Note: Access to Amazon Music for Prime Members isnā€™t available to customers who are Household members or to customers residing outside of the UK.

• Amazon Music Unlimited offers a vast collection of songs and thousands of expert-programmed playlists and stations, available to all customers. Amazon Prime members resident in the UK can get a discounted Amazon Music Unlimited monthly plan. There are annual individual and monthly plans available exclusively to Amazon Prime members. For more information, go to Amazon Music.

Spotify has audiobooks now and a decent selection of them looking at the catalogue

3 Likes

Spotify has started to automatically switch from my phone to my laptop when I listen on my phone. It happens randomly every few minutes but it is making the app unusable. Ive tried deleting the app and reinstalling it but that hasnā€™t worked. Looking online and it seems to be a common enough problem with no clear solution. Anyone else ever have this issue?

Clear all the saved bluetooth connections

1 Like

From my phone do you mean?

1 Like

They seem more expensive versus audible ?

Wonder why they can put albums up there as part of the membership but donā€™t do same with audiobooks which have a pay per use fee?

Looks like itā€¦ Donā€™t think I ever bough an audible outside of the monthly sub

1 Like

They must be paying a massive fee for them youā€™d thinkā€¦ Based on scale they would put a serious dent in audible if they adopted that model

Iā€™ve often bought the 3 for 18euro on audible, good value

But Iā€™m listening to The Stand at the moment, 47 hours :grimacing:

1 Like

What way are Spotify charging for audiobooks?

By book.

1 Like

Me tooā€¦ I meant full price I supposeā€¦ Iv as many unlistened to audiobooks now as unread paper copies

You can return them for a credit

1 Like

How much per book around? Libraries are incredibly underused. Every book you could ever want for free. You can even order brand new ones in to your local library from any other library in the country and they text you when it arrives

1 Like

Dearer than youā€™d pay for a book in a shop

I go to library with kids all the time itā€™s greatā€¦ You can get audiobooks for free with library too

My year in Spotify @Pirlo @Watchyourtoes

11 Likes